Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone awaken with dp in feeling completely new to everything, their specific facial features, body, just moving and living and didn’t know what do with themselves? Felt completely unnatural in their body and didn’t have a voice? That was pretty much me. I felt like this scared thing in this world where I had to learn that I was this 16 year old human being, with friends, parents, a personality, habits. I felt like I replaced the person who used to be in this body, that I could never be that person because I didn’t live those years she lived. All I had were her memories which I thought were meant to trick me into being sedated in this world that I wasn’t comfortable in. I would have gone completely catatonic I think back when this happened If I didn’t have good parents and a good family. Though since it happened it’s never left my mind. It was a reality for a long time, and within the last 3ish months it’s gotten worse. The “dp” episode happened 10 years ago. Recently, I lost my last grandparents, my two grandmas, the women who I was closest to, one last October and one in June, and I think this triggered the experience and the old thoughts to come back and strike hard. Has anyone experienced something like this....? I’ve read so many posts of various depersonalization experiences but none that similar to mine, if it’s even depersonalization. I’d very much appreciate hearing back, some advice or a story of a similar experience, anything. I’m really suffering right now. Thank you.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi sorry about your grandparents and to answer your question grief will absolutely make depersonalization alot worse , I lost my dearest 5 months ago and its created severe depersonalization and derealization.
It's to be expected as we are already depersonalizated so any added stress will increase our symptoms but to grieve the loss off a loved one is the most severe form off emotional distress one could have

My depersonalization derealization is as you describe it like everything is new my whole life seems new to me and it's as if I'm learning to live this life as I feel I'm new born , not sure if you relate to that.
My family and friends pretty much feel like I dont know them and there for vhf i don't really feel a whole lot for them all , this sucks major cause I'm questioning my sanity.
I got no tips other then push though this it will go milder soon enough and it cannot harm us really .
Again sorry for your grief

1 - 2 of 2 Posts