Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
SC,

Congrats on gettin back to work. It's overcoming the little obstacles that matter most.
Right now I am feeling a little weird. Not really sure why. But a little DPed. It's always more weird at work, because no matter what, we have to put a front on like nothing is bothering us. But it is hard. But, I have been at my current job for almost a year and able to mask it pretty well, though there have been some tough times where I struggled pretty bad.
Hang in there.

Kelson

·
Registered
723 Posts
was back at work myself today after summer hols. acting the part really. trying to subdue dp. thoughts/feelings. got through without anyone suspecting i'm a bit freaked out so not so bad! new class in tomorrow so hopefully wont have any time to think. hoping work will help and pressure wont hinder

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GO SC! GO SC!! *pat on the back*

Be proud of yourself for going back to work and for giving some time off a try. You are trying and man, I am damn proud of you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh SC you crack me up! Going crazy would have to be what we experience already (that is what I feel) otherwise we would be completely comfortable with ourselves if we were mad. As for dieing I am scared of that too cause I don't know what is going to happen after that if we are just gone or we have to live in hell etc etc - then again this could be hell.. Lets not get into that shall we.

I have been feeling pretty dpd myself this week & since I am not completely in it I have been having the phsyical anxiety as well. I just feel like everyday is like I am being reborn again, nothing really makes sense much & I don't know what I am to look forward to in the future. Just sort of coasting along.

Does anyone else feel like this, just lost & you can't seem to grasp anything or look forward too much to anything? I am not good at putting my feelings/symptoms in to words.

Anyways SC you made it through the last however many years of your life & you'll keep rockin forward.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good job going back to work. I think as the weeks pass you'll be able to focus more on your job and kind of forget about dp. When I have to do a paper for school or something, I just try to focus as best as I can on it and avoid coming to the site (which was a lot easier when my computer was being fixed) and tell myself that I'm going to give all my attention and energy to school, and try my best to ignore dp. You probably do that already? I don't know, but good luck with work!! Hopefully tomorrow...or today will be better.

Charger - I know how you feel about...the future I guess. It dosen't exactly excite me...but it's dosen't depress me or anything, it's just there. I can't really explain it either, but I'm pretty sure it is related to dp.

Lauren

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SC I have to agree with you, must be the water! :D Never been to Peth or Melbourne. I live about an hour from City Sydney - I wake up to seeing cows & countryside.

Lauren I must thank you for the Linden method. I have got halfway through it & it basically states what my psych has told me all along - guess I better start believing in it! & yep, that is exactly how I feel about the future, you put it very well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts