Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Topic pretty well describes my situation. Lessened learned to not get off something that helps.

Within 2 weeks of trying to get off my antidepressant the dr hit one night and now I'm back.

I'm confident I'll recover again but dang this sucks!!! Any people from 2009 still on here? I can't remember all your screen names. Optimusrythme and surfingisfun I can remember. Honestly I hope you guys aren't because I want all of you to have recovered.

·
Registered
87 Posts
hey man, sucks to hear that you've got relapsed. Sad to say that i am in the same situation.

What kind of medication did you use to heal? and have you been using that medication from 2009 till recently?

take care man, i'm sure you can beat this monster once more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was on 10mg citalopram from 2009 until about 3 months ago and for the most part I was recovered. I would get the dr in big crowds or if I were anxious but it always went away and wasn't overwhelming.

How did you recover and what do you think brought yours back?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was on 10mg citalopram from 2009 until about 3 months ago and for the most part I was recovered. I would get the dr in big crowds or if I were anxious but it always went away and wasn't overwhelming.

How did you recover and what do you think brought yours back?
I had DP/DR exactly 6 years ago, but that time it was combined with A LOT OF anxiety and jitters. I was so restless and my thoughts were all over the place. a lot of bodily sensations too. I can't remember exactly how i recovered but i know that i told everyone close to me about my situation and that it could be weird sometimes. Because i always got DRed during a soccer match (open field, crowd, a lot of pressure), i told my team that i could be asking for a substitute after 5 minutes in the game. That took away a lot of stress and it felt like everyone was there to help me, instead of battling it all in my head.

Well, i did that with a lot of daily situations and it made me feel better week after week. But the anxiety was always there, i always felt a little insecure etc. So 8 months ago i got a severe panic attack out of the blue and BAM i was in this hell again. One morning i woke up and everything was normal again, but then i went to college and i saw my vision changing again and it took me straight to this hell again. But this time i dont have the anxiety or jitters in my body etc. It feels like it's another beast this time. Like i'm deeper in it somehow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How are u now Lalaland?
Just now seeing this. I got back on lexapro and after getting stabilized took much long maybe 3 or 4 months I was able to live mostly normal but then a few months ago my anxiety came back which brought the drdp full force.
I’ve since tried Prozac which was pretty bad. Caused insane drdp to the point of feeling brain dead at times and only Xanax brought me out of it with suicidal thoughts.
I’m back in citalopram now day 10. Feeling all over the place but hope to level out soon. Med change is no joke. I’ll get my life back again just takes time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts