Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have been going through dp/dr ever since I was 19 and I am 34 now. Recently I have another flare up and wanted to see if anyone else has these symptoms.

- I feel like my body it weightless, I feel a hollowness in my head and chest.
- hearing loss, I have gotten hearing tests and they always tell me my hearing is perfect but everything sounds lower.
- time seems as if it's rapidly accelerated, one hour feels like 15 minutes or less.
- I don't have any emotions good or bad, I feel completely empty.
- words come out of my mouth without any thoughts, I just feel like I am watching a movie.
- My memory is really bad and I feel disoriented.
- I can't feel body sensations as well as I used to, I can't feel my heartbeat when I put my hand on my chest.

Please let me know if any of you have experienced this chronically.

Thanks,

Zach

·
Registered
393 Posts
Why do you ask this? If you had dp/dr for so long, you know that these symptoms are all dp/dr. Don't ask questions where you already know the answer too,

·
Registered
343 Posts
Why do you ask this? If you had dp/dr for so long, you know that these symptoms are all dp/dr. Don't ask questions where you already know the answer too,
When did he/she ask if it's DPDR or not? It was clearly acknowledged in the post that they know it's DPDR:

I have been going through dp/dr ever since I was 19 and I am 34 now.
Don't ask questions where you already know the answer too,
Oh, so they're supposed to just know if someone else has the same symptoms? I have a piece of advice for you: don't post snarky comments if you didn't even understand what was said/asked.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Specifically i have the lack of emotions, the poor memory and that thing where you can't feel your body sensations like heartbeat etc. One of the reasons i actually workout cos it's nice to know it's still there. I've been experiencing this since early 2018 but I've had dpdr before on 2 previous occasions. This time it's mostely about existential thoughts and strange phobias that i got cos of dpdr. Life is not a normal experience for me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts