Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
I haven't been around here in quite some time. I always used to observe that most people on here were younger than me...I'm almost 40 now. Anyway, I had some pretty significant improvement at some point about 4-5 years ago, and began to do a lot of things out of the house again, and feel human at least most of them time.

Recently this year, I noticed that I needed to lose some weight, and began to exercise (cardio and weight lifting) like I used to do. Now I don't automatically connection correlation with causation, but I think the regular exercise triggered me back into a severe relapse for whatever reason. The past 2 weeks have been hell...it's as bad as it used to be years ago.

I think the relapse officially began when I was in the checkout line at Walmart one day. The fluorescent lights about shining off the white glossy floor and everything else merged into one blur. I was about to swipe my credit card, and I had no choice but to walk toward the exit. People stared at me. It was in tense. I do not get the autonomic symptoms of a panic attack. No increased heart rate, no trembling or sweating. Just a bizarre head change.

I've had DR for about 10 years now, since my late 20's and it is constant again.

I don't guess there's much of a point to this thread. I just felt the need to check my thoughts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I remember reading your old posts with some dpdr theories! :) I found them interesting! Sorry to hear about your relapse.. Welcome back and I hope things get better for you!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Did you try any medications in all those years you had it? This came back for me out of nowhere. And I have those symptoms. No panic, my brain just switched in a weird twilight zone when it’s triggered. It sucks bad

·
Registered
251 Posts
Your user profile says that psychiatric diseases are physical manifestations. If so, what do you think may have physically triggered your DP?

It is essentially a disorder, although from my time researching it and personally going through it (not as long as some), I'd like to think it isn't the worst disorder.

And yet I tend to agree to some extend. So what are you eating? Did you by any chance change your diet, routine or even tried some supplements?

As for your workout, many here have had negative results doing heavy workouts like weight lifting.
I can't say for sure, but I tried it and it only elevated the symptoms. Cardio is the best, but I limit it to three times a week and for maybe 30 min. Just some jogging.

Do you smoke cigarettes? Drink coffee? Alcohol?

Also do you remember what your thoughts were that day before you relapsed?

I know it's a lot of questions, but the devil is in the details and in pinning down this bizarre condition, any help or footprint can go a long way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you try any medications in all those years you had it? This came back for me out of nowhere. And I have those symptoms. No panic, my brain just switched in a weird twilight zone when it's triggered. It sucks bad
Mine came back after I was getting acupuncture believe it or not. I still dont know what to think about it. I don't even believe in things like acupuncture!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh! If anyone's curious I was on Lamacital for 6 years without DP. I think the lamacital stopped working bc meds stop working after 6/7 years my shrink once said.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Man. I posted this one thing and then that's it. Not sure why. This last month has been HELL ON EARTH for me. In the 10 years that I've had DP, this month is certainly the worst. ever. Instead of just having DR now... I'm starting to have this weird depression feeling that comes and goes, even though I shouldn't be depressed based on my situation. I'm also having weird "psychic" vibes when I look at people. Back on Halloween night, I took my son trick or treating, and looking at costumes was absolutely tripping me out to the point to where I might as well have been on something picked up at a Phish concert.. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, GUYS. I'm seeing my GP on Monday for a fresh physical evaluation. I have literally been pacing around my apartment nonstop for days now because I can't relax. Should I take a benzo? I'm afraid of those and never really took any, though I have the script.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Oh! If anyone's curious I was on Lamacital for 6 years without DP. I think the lamacital stopped working bc meds stop working after 6/7 years my shrink once said.
My low dose Atypical still helps me tremendously after over 25 years on it....If I stop it my DP comes back within 3 days as bad as ever....Im still taking the exact same dose I was all those years ago when it first made me better...

Most shrinks havent a f****g clue in my opinion....

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My low dose Atypical still helps me tremendously after over 25 years on it....If I stop it my DP comes back within 3 days as bad as ever....Im still taking the exact same dose I was all those years ago when it first made me better...

Most shrinks havent a f****g clue in my opinion....
What are you taking?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anything in life stressing you out? Mine has been worst this month to but only because I’m stressed out about my upcoming wedding with over 300 guest

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anything in life stressing you out? Mine has been worst this month to but only because I'm stressed out about my upcoming wedding with over 300 guest
Not really, no. My relapse was seemingly triggered by (or at least had correlation with) me starting to exercise again.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I haven't been around here in quite some time. I always used to observe that most people on here were younger than me...I'm almost 40 now. Anyway, I had some pretty significant improvement at some point about 4-5 years ago, and began to do a lot of things out of the house again, and feel human at least most of them time.

Recently this year, I noticed that I needed to lose some weight, and began to exercise (cardio and weight lifting) like I used to do. Now I don't automatically connection correlation with causation, but I think the regular exercise triggered me back into a severe relapse for whatever reason. The past 2 weeks have been hell...it's as bad as it used to be years ago.

I think the relapse officially began when I was in the checkout line at Walmart one day. The fluorescent lights about shining off the white glossy floor and everything else merged into one blur. I was about to swipe my credit card, and I had no choice but to walk toward the exit. People stared at me. It was in tense. I do not get the autonomic symptoms of a panic attack. No increased heart rate, no trembling or sweating. Just a bizarre head change.

I've had DR for about 10 years now, since my late 20's and it is constant again.

I don't guess there's much of a point to this thread. I just felt the need to check my thoughts.
Did you ever find out what caused your DP int he first place. I will link my post so you can see the possible causes for DP.

http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/index.php?/topic/78114-list-of-possible-causes-of-dpdr/?p=520098

1 - 14 of 14 Posts