Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope everyone has been able to cope with the stress of this disorder as well as they can. Unfortunately my Derealization hasn’t gotten any better since the last time I logged on here, but the good news is I recently decided to sober up. I’ve been clean for almost 2 years now but I’ve been drinking excessively for a few months and realized it only makes the symptoms of DR worse. So I’m going to AA soon! :)

·
Administrator
961 Posts
Good luck with it all :) Sadly a lot of people with mental health issues self-medicate as it can be such a hard thing to deal with, but that's great you are taking positive steps for your health.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck with it all :) Sadly a lot of people with mental health issues self-medicate as it can be such a hard thing to deal with, but that's great you are taking positive steps for your health.
Thank you <3 I agree. I really hope I have the self control to cut this lifestyle but I'm still very much struggling with BPD and anxiety so going through this sober and clean makes everything so much more difficult

·
Administrator
961 Posts
It must be hard with all you're going through. I think it helps to keep focused on the benefits of feeling clean, healthy and happy, and maybe get involved in new hobbies or activities that reinforce that, like sports or clubs where you can be around people who live a healthy lifestyle. Having lots of support around you can help a lot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It must be hard with all you're going through. I think it helps to keep focused on the benefits of feeling clean, healthy and happy, and maybe get involved in new hobbies or activities that reinforce that, like sports or clubs where you can be around people who live a healthy lifestyle. Having lots of support around you can help a lot.
I hear you! I'm definitely trying to keep myself busy in any way I can. I think for now I just have to refrain from being around alcohol but it should get easier with time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts