Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in August, I had a disturbing panic attack which was brought on by weed. During the attack, I was overcome with the sensation/thought that my sense of self was regulated to "nothingness". The panic was brought on by the feeling of being aware of the "nothingness". i had completely lost my identity, and whoever I perceived I was. I don't believe I ever lost conciousness during the panic attack, but it sure seemed like I wasn't perceiving my surroundings. Eventually I found myself laying on my bed and I eventually accepted that I would be stuck in this moment of unreality and nothingness for an eternity. This is extremely hard to explain and a total mindfuck to most people, to simplify it more.... I felt as if I was the universe at its creation totally devoid of identity but struggling to hang on to create one. I don't know if I have PTSD from this weed induced panic attack, but it's the only thing that consistently makes my DPDR worse when I think about it. I'm curious to see if anyone else had a similar experience while taking any form of psychoactive drug.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts