Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I progressive Levels/Layers of DR for 600 days+ where it got worse every day and felt/feels like a degenerative disorder.

I feel Like my consciousness is very little and I percieve to little information.

Like the Vision Thing got worse 600+ days
and more Glass Walls are added.

Started with Antidepressant Adverse Effect 3 years ago. Then severe Antipsychotic adverse Effect 3 years ago too.

Now Stück on 8mg of klonopin.

Anybody read anything like this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I progressive Levels/Layers of DR for 600 days+ where it got worse every day and felt/feels like a degenerative disorder.

I feel Like my consciousness is very little and I percieve to little information.

Like the Vision Thing got worse 600+ days
and more Glass Walls are added.

Started with Antidepressant Adverse Effect 3 years ago. Then severe Antipsychotic adverse Effect 3 years ago too.

Now Stück on 8mg of klonopin.

Anybody read anything like this?
yes. i have a degenerative condition that has slowly gotten worse. my consciousness has been reduced to nothing. you are not alone.

·
Registered
75 Posts
And you've got yours Just from Smoking Weed once?

I've read your threads & pm'ed u but I'm flabbergasted something Like this could have such effects.

I mean I've had my consciousness reduced for 600 consecutive days straight and am flabbergasted I have not found anybody similar.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I Had difficulty posting this Post because writing caused no reward or making the effort to Care what is going on in creating No reward either.

But how on earth can "we both" be complete outliers in this Community.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took an Antidepressant/Antipsychotic, He smoked Weed once... But almost Same Situation... But Not unlike any other cases Here.. I feel Like the only Person in the world with this.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)
yes. i have a degenerative condition that has slowly gotten worse. my consciousness has been reduced to nothing. you are not alone.
Have you "Proof" that your condition is Degenerative?

I'm sorry I just don't believe in the Body doing completely stupid Things.

However I so believe that we live in unprecedented times where Our bodies are super weak due to environmental Changes that occured in the Last few hundred years.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Could Somebody please chime in?
Hey, your post has been in the back of my mind ever since I read it a few weeks ago.

I believe I got dp/dr from a panic attack in the midst of a depressive episode 7 weeks ago, and its only gotten worse since. Now hear me out, I know its very recent, but I still find it strange for a number of reasons.

First off, I knew exactly what it was when I started to experience it. To the degree that one can be free of stress and anxiety in a state such as this disorder, I feel like I was doing pretty damn well. For the first 3-4 weeks I was living life virtually normally. Despite this, It still got worse, and I dont mean just a little, like it fucking skyrocketed over the course of 7 weeks. It went from feeling foggy and my surroundings looking unfamiliar, to not even fully grasping where I am in time and space, when i look at the world it feels like Im blind but im not at the same time, my family and friends feel like actors that actually have no emotion towards me. My Depersonalization is so severe that I wouldn't say its merely just a detachment from oneself, but rather a detachment from the very concept of being a human being. The fact that I inhabit a body that takes up time and space makes no sense to me at all. Humans make no sense. Anyways, I find it extremely troubling that it could get this bad this quickly, especially considering I barely had any anxiety or stress and was living life normaly for the first while. At this rate, I dont know how I will be able to function within a month. I just started taking zoloft in hopes it will put a stop to it.

I also find it weird that everyone described that they've just "felt the same since" since their onset. But thats just not the case for me. I fucking wish I felt the same since, the dp/dr just 5 weeks ago was literally nothing compared to now.

Also, I wouldn't say theyre exactly similar to yours... But ive found a fair share of cases where they describe it only got worse over the years. The difference is though that the onset was very very gradual. Like they are talking in terms of decades, and I feel like its probably not as severe as your case. Ive also read a post on here where he too thinks his case is a degenerative disorder. He describes being virtually dead at this point, but he also says that he strongly believes the reason for this is because over all those years he was taking some sort of a pill that his doctor prescribed that your only supposed to take for a few days, so thats maybe what caused it. And judging by his last posts, kind of seemed clear to me thay he commited suicide by now.

If I remember correctly, I read in your other posts that you are at something like 1/1000 of your awareness or something. What exactly do you mean by this? Do u feel any emotions?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Oh yeah and another thing, im 16, which in my opinion makes this more rare.

Ive only found one other 16 year old on here who developed it abruptly from depression and anxiety. The people on here who got dp/dr in their late teens like I did are older now, and it seems to me that their onset was super typical, whether it was from weed or it just gradually manifested over the years. I have yet to find another person around my age who developed a rather abrupt onset of dp/dr from a panic attack or anything similar. And I sure as hell havent found a 16 year old who experiences dp/dr in the form of a degenerative disorder.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Another question: what was the nature of your adverse affect? Were you taking those ssri’s for dp/dr initially? Or was it for another mental issue? Also you say this happened three years ago but youve been having this degeneration for 600+ days, I assume maybe you mean that this has been happening for over a thousand days? Thats would be closer to the duration of a three year period.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was 15 when I first got it and now I'm 17. I feel as if my DP/DR is degenerative as well. I've literally tried everything that I know of to help me but everything has either failed or mostly backfired. I'm in a very precarious state right now. It's unbelievable that my own body is doing this to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts