Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to stop my contant obsessive thinking and telling myself I don't exist recently, and posts, e.g. Janine's in particular have given me some base to start from. But it's hard to do. So I was wondering about taking an extreme approach: when you think negatively about whatever, especially saying "I'm not here, I don't exist" you should think of something extremely bad, esp. something you're terribly afraid of.

Foolproof plan, right? NO WAY! Don't try it. I realized before I started connecting anything bad with thinking about existence and DP that to do this would be practical suicide. If you were to ever encounter this situation that you connect with DP and obsessive thoughts- no matter how improbable- you would catapault yourself IMMEDIATELY into the WORST DP you've ever had. This connection would trick your mind into running down a neuron pathway you blazed very well while associating the DP with the bad situation, and you'd be stuck in a rut.

Like terri* said, the best thing you can do is to say "stop." Make your mind understand that you don't want it wandering off and getting you depressed, and you can train it well. Just remember to give it a treat afterwards- do something for YOU.

Best of luck. :lol:

Exponentially,
Grant with an "R"

P.S. Wow, look! It blanks "suicide" out! Can I curse then? Shit, fuck, damn.
P.P.S. I guess not. This fucking sucks. Sorry, I'm only doing this for fun, not to offend.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been trying to stop my contant obsessive thinking and telling myself I don't exist recently, and posts, e.g. Janine's in particular have given me some base to start from. But it's hard to do. So I was wondering about taking an extreme approach: when you think negatively about whatever, especially saying "I'm not here, I don't exist" you should think of something extremely bad, esp. something you're terribly afraid of.

Foolproof plan, right? NO WAY! Don't try it. I realized before I started connecting anything bad with thinking about existence and DP that to do this would be practical suicide. If you were to ever encounter this situation that you connect with DP and obsessive thoughts- no matter how improbable- you would catapault yourself IMMEDIATELY into the WORST DP you've ever had. This connection would trick your mind into running down a neuron pathway you blazed very well while associating the DP with the bad situation, and you'd be stuck in a rut.

Like terri* said, the best thing you can do is to say "stop." Make your mind understand that you don't want it wandering off and getting you depressed, and you can train it well. Just remember to give it a treat afterwards- do something for YOU.

Best of luck. :lol:

Exponentially,
Grant with an "R"

P.S. Wow, look! It blanks "suicide" out! Can I curse then? Shit, fuck, damn.
P.P.S. I guess not. This fucking sucks. Sorry, I'm only doing this for fun, not to offend.

G

·
Yep, I think we have all tried these tricsk. But Grant you are right, need to retrain the mind with a new habit - a happy one!

G

·
Yep, I think we have all tried these tricsk. But Grant you are right, need to retrain the mind with a new habit - a happy one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts