Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As recommended by my counsellor, I have recently started taking a daily supplement of Ashwagandha. I am going to try to be optimistic here, I am absolutely sick and tired of depersonalization and need anything that will help.

I have been taking it for about a week now, and tonight I have an incredibly amount of energy. I have also been getting more sleep recently again. I am excited that this herb may actually help me, and will be sure to update this or make a blog post if I find that it continues to help or if it doesn't help at all.

Has anyone here tried Ashwagandha, or heard of it?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hey! I just picked up some Ashwagandha the other day as well! Ive been doing a lot of research into different herbs to use in my arsenal against DPDR. Ashwagandha seems like it should really help some people with some issues. I am going to be trying it tomorrow and be keeping a journal of how I feel on it and what doses I use. I hope you find some real benefit out of it!

http://examine.com/supplements/Ashwagandha/<---- Some info on it for people :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like a miracle herb to me, as I've found multiple lists stating the dozens of issues Ashwagandha is used for; but most importantly, it has been proven the most effective when dealing with anxiety and energy levels. Those are practically the cousins of DP. I think people suffering from depersonalization/derealization should definitely try herbal remedies alongside psychotherapy before jumping straight to SSRIs.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My energy levels have been average today. The only true symptom that was discouraging today was heavy desomatization and some brain fog. Nothing unbearable.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I remember taking ashwagandha a few years ago. I didn't really feel anything on it but then, maybe, I didn't take it long enuff. I usually finish the bottle and if nothing much happens I don't buy anymore. I give up easily haha. Maybe I'll buy 3 bottles of it to get a better opinion.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been off Benadryl for a few days and back taking Ashwagandha. My DP has greatly improved, I hardly noticed it today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts