Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive let myself go. kinda gave up on myself. im usually pretty good when it comes to hygene. i still shower and everything.. but only because its so damn hot here. so i take 3 cold showers a day. but as far as my appearance ive just about given up on that. i know that its a telling sign of depression. im just curious if anyone here goes through phases like this. where the act of grooming seems futile, and pointless. and you dont even stop to think.. hmm.. perhaps i should wear something flattering today. nah.. ill just wear the comfy shirt with the holes. i dont even notice my armpit hair. actually.. its kinda cool, in a french riviera sort of way. im thinking about dying it pink.

but i understand that not caring about what i look like is not me accepting myself. its not a positive thing in my case. its about me not loving myself enough to want to make myself look good or feel good cause whats the point?? im just a peice of crap anyways, i dont look good as it is.. so why even try?

this has been going on for a while.. and its getting worse over time. it used to be something i thought i could control. but its gotten out of my control to the point where i dont even know who i used to be. the person i see in the mirror is a stranger. a stranger that i dispise.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ive let myself go. kinda gave up on myself. im usually pretty good when it comes to hygene. i still shower and everything.. but only because its so damn hot here. so i take 3 cold showers a day. but as far as my appearance ive just about given up on that. i know that its a telling sign of depression. im just curious if anyone here goes through phases like this. where the act of grooming seems futile, and pointless. and you dont even stop to think.. hmm.. perhaps i should wear something flattering today. nah.. ill just wear the comfy shirt with the holes. i dont even notice my armpit hair. actually.. its kinda cool, in a french riviera sort of way. im thinking about dying it pink.

but i understand that not caring about what i look like is not me accepting myself. its not a positive thing in my case. its about me not loving myself enough to want to make myself look good or feel good cause whats the point?? im just a peice of crap anyways, i dont look good as it is.. so why even try?

this has been going on for a while.. and its getting worse over time. it used to be something i thought i could control. but its gotten out of my control to the point where i dont even know who i used to be. the person i see in the mirror is a stranger. a stranger that i dispise.

·
Registered
258 Posts
There was once a time in my life when even the prospect of climbing out of bed felt like futile exercise. I would have sworn at the time that my depression wasn?t *that* bad and that I?d still had it under control. I allowed myself to suffer in the grips of depression with this belief for over a year before seeking any help.

I was placed on a low dose of an SSRI and experienced a change in outlook within two weeks that was nothing short of phenomenal. I went from being unable to get out of bed, wash or feed myself, to enrolling back at university and restoring friendships that I'd let wane throughout my depression.

This isn?t an attempt to solely advocate medication, but life is just too short to waste another day to this insidious disease without a helping hand. Please discuss your options with a professional; they can really help you to take some proactive steps to beat this.

Take care Marlia, and try and be kind to yourself.

·
Registered
258 Posts
There was once a time in my life when even the prospect of climbing out of bed felt like futile exercise. I would have sworn at the time that my depression wasn?t *that* bad and that I?d still had it under control. I allowed myself to suffer in the grips of depression with this belief for over a year before seeking any help.

I was placed on a low dose of an SSRI and experienced a change in outlook within two weeks that was nothing short of phenomenal. I went from being unable to get out of bed, wash or feed myself, to enrolling back at university and restoring friendships that I'd let wane throughout my depression.

This isn?t an attempt to solely advocate medication, but life is just too short to waste another day to this insidious disease without a helping hand. Please discuss your options with a professional; they can really help you to take some proactive steps to beat this.

Take care Marlia, and try and be kind to yourself.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Dear SleepingBeauty,
How are the hives? I'm hoping that your off of seroquel for good now. I think that Wellbutrin is an awesome drug for you to take, because it is used in adults with ADD quite often. Just make sure that they dont raise your dose too high, because you will have trouble sleeping. I think that 400mg is the max, and I can see you feeling good around 150. If youre having trouble with temper flare-ups, or the Wellbutrin makes them worse, you might want to ask your bi-polar happy doctor to prescribe some neurontin for you. It may help with irritability, and its used for bipolar disorder every now and then....Good luck, and dont dye your armpit hair pink. Natural is always best. :wink:

Peace
Homeskooled

·
Registered
984 Posts
Dear SleepingBeauty,
How are the hives? I'm hoping that your off of seroquel for good now. I think that Wellbutrin is an awesome drug for you to take, because it is used in adults with ADD quite often. Just make sure that they dont raise your dose too high, because you will have trouble sleeping. I think that 400mg is the max, and I can see you feeling good around 150. If youre having trouble with temper flare-ups, or the Wellbutrin makes them worse, you might want to ask your bi-polar happy doctor to prescribe some neurontin for you. It may help with irritability, and its used for bipolar disorder every now and then....Good luck, and dont dye your armpit hair pink. Natural is always best. :wink:

Peace
Homeskooled

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im still having minor hive flare ups on my arms and legs.. but i think its the rest of the seroquel coming out of my system.

as far as the wellbutrin goes.. i dont feel any change good or bad. the only difference is that when i take it before bed i get really wild dreams. some involving blood and gore. not pretty stuff. so ive been taking it when i wake up and the dreams are still there but not as intense. other than that nada. i think i should go up in dosage. cause its not doing a darn thang. im going to ask her about straterra. after the hive incident ive given up on lying to her im just going to tell her the truth. plus im going to let her know that im not the typical moron that flys into her office to get caught in her web. ive done my homework.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im still having minor hive flare ups on my arms and legs.. but i think its the rest of the seroquel coming out of my system.

as far as the wellbutrin goes.. i dont feel any change good or bad. the only difference is that when i take it before bed i get really wild dreams. some involving blood and gore. not pretty stuff. so ive been taking it when i wake up and the dreams are still there but not as intense. other than that nada. i think i should go up in dosage. cause its not doing a darn thang. im going to ask her about straterra. after the hive incident ive given up on lying to her im just going to tell her the truth. plus im going to let her know that im not the typical moron that flys into her office to get caught in her web. ive done my homework.

·
Registered
217 Posts
too tired to read every post, but what are you getting the hives from? I used to get hives when I took acetaminophen (tylenol or paracetamol).

·
Registered
217 Posts
too tired to read every post, but what are you getting the hives from? I used to get hives when I took acetaminophen (tylenol or paracetamol).

G

·
i think one of the worst things that you can do is " let yourself go". Its important to have good hygene and look good for a number of reasons, 1. being confidence & 2. attracting other people of the opposite sex.

Sleeping, ive seen a decent amount of pictures of you and you look like a pretty woman, so i say don't let yourself go.

Personally even throughout this whole ordeal, i try to look my best all of the time. Always wear matching clothes, sneakers and or boots & hats. Things HAVE to match, unless im going to the gym or something. Get a haircut & lineup every few weeks, keep my facial hair lookin neat, lol i even clean my sneakers & try to keep em in mint condition. I dunno to me apperance is important, its not EVERYTHING but it is important.

Also exercise is important & everyone should try to exercise.

G

·
i think one of the worst things that you can do is " let yourself go". Its important to have good hygene and look good for a number of reasons, 1. being confidence & 2. attracting other people of the opposite sex.

Sleeping, ive seen a decent amount of pictures of you and you look like a pretty woman, so i say don't let yourself go.

Personally even throughout this whole ordeal, i try to look my best all of the time. Always wear matching clothes, sneakers and or boots & hats. Things HAVE to match, unless im going to the gym or something. Get a haircut & lineup every few weeks, keep my facial hair lookin neat, lol i even clean my sneakers & try to keep em in mint condition. I dunno to me apperance is important, its not EVERYTHING but it is important.

Also exercise is important & everyone should try to exercise.

·
Registered
283 Posts

I have good hygene. This is my drivers liscense photo, taken earlier today. My hair, thoroughly not combed. Mango stains on my skin around my lip, not visible due to the poor quality of the photo taken. My sideburns are about half a foot thick, too. My unseeable plain grey t-shirt has a few stains on it. I'm not wearing a belt, and my pants are uncomfortably sagging. I think, above all that, I still look stoned.

Yup. I have good hygene. Join the club. :twisted:

·
Registered
283 Posts

I have good hygene. This is my drivers liscense photo, taken earlier today. My hair, thoroughly not combed. Mango stains on my skin around my lip, not visible due to the poor quality of the photo taken. My sideburns are about half a foot thick, too. My unseeable plain grey t-shirt has a few stains on it. I'm not wearing a belt, and my pants are uncomfortably sagging. I think, above all that, I still look stoned.

Yup. I have good hygene. Join the club. :twisted:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Jason you bastard! People always used to say I looked like Shaggy from scooby doo but you win hands down! Shit, you should have gone for the part in the movie.

Sleepingbeauty, by the time you read this I'll have probably kicked your arse for certain things you said in your post. Especially calling yourself a piece of crap. You most certainly are not a piece of crap and you know it perfectly well. That's just Doodoo Butt Jones talking. :wink:

Personally, I dont take much pride in my grooming or what I wear. I know I'm dead sexy without even trying! :D

Gav

·
Registered
91 Posts
Jason you bastard! People always used to say I looked like Shaggy from scooby doo but you win hands down! Shit, you should have gone for the part in the movie.

Sleepingbeauty, by the time you read this I'll have probably kicked your arse for certain things you said in your post. Especially calling yourself a piece of crap. You most certainly are not a piece of crap and you know it perfectly well. That's just Doodoo Butt Jones talking. :wink:

Personally, I dont take much pride in my grooming or what I wear. I know I'm dead sexy without even trying! :D

Gav

1 - 20 of 48 Posts