Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to the shopping mall, tomorrow was kind of ok, but this PM I ve got the @everything [email protected] I felt disconnected, depressed, Dp/DR, confused, name it. I felt weak too. I felt in a fog, man, what causes that? argh.... but I am WORSE without meds.

Please just a little support here, i'd be glad! Janine or others?

Cyn xxx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just went to the shopping mall, tomorrow was kind of ok, but this PM I ve got the @everything [email protected] I felt disconnected, depressed, Dp/DR, confused, name it. I felt weak too. I felt in a fog, man, what causes that? argh.... but I am WORSE without meds.

Please just a little support here, i'd be glad! Janine or others?

Cyn xxx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if "tommorrow WAS kind of O.K.", you may actually have a serious problem. On the other hand, your English is way better than my French, so I will assume it's a simple matter of tense reversal.
Otherwise, all I can tell you is this stuff ebbs and flows - one minute you seem almost O.K., then the next you can be at what seems the worst ever. Don't know why but that definitely is the way it is. I guess the theory is that if you can somehow accept this, and try to focus outward - you will get by the down moments quicker. And I have to admit - sometimes it even works.
Today, for me.......I am exhausted. Didn't even get home till nearly 3:00 a.m. and wasn't asleep till a while after that. At 7:00 Mollie the Collie was ready to start the day, so I did not get anywhere near enough sleep. I am very, very DP today. I am trying to remind myself of the obvious - lack of sleep makes the symptoms seem more noticeable. And I am proud to say I have managed to avoid taking a nap - something else that makes the DP seem worse. Plus now maybe I will be able to get some sleep tonight.
We need somebody else to chime in and cheer couc up. I know weekends are slow around here, but.....anybody?
Oh, and as always - if anybody happens to have a sure-fire, fast acting cure for DP/DR, this would be a good time to speak up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if "tommorrow WAS kind of O.K.", you may actually have a serious problem. On the other hand, your English is way better than my French, so I will assume it's a simple matter of tense reversal.
Otherwise, all I can tell you is this stuff ebbs and flows - one minute you seem almost O.K., then the next you can be at what seems the worst ever. Don't know why but that definitely is the way it is. I guess the theory is that if you can somehow accept this, and try to focus outward - you will get by the down moments quicker. And I have to admit - sometimes it even works.
Today, for me.......I am exhausted. Didn't even get home till nearly 3:00 a.m. and wasn't asleep till a while after that. At 7:00 Mollie the Collie was ready to start the day, so I did not get anywhere near enough sleep. I am very, very DP today. I am trying to remind myself of the obvious - lack of sleep makes the symptoms seem more noticeable. And I am proud to say I have managed to avoid taking a nap - something else that makes the DP seem worse. Plus now maybe I will be able to get some sleep tonight.
We need somebody else to chime in and cheer couc up. I know weekends are slow around here, but.....anybody?
Oh, and as always - if anybody happens to have a sure-fire, fast acting cure for DP/DR, this would be a good time to speak up.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I got back just awhile ago from shopping. The grocery store is the worst. All those flourescent lights and I always forget what I'm looking for and I'm horrible at making decisions so sometimes I get so stressed out and frustrated that I just leave without even getting anything.

Ok, I guess I'm no help... I don't know what causes the fog that I'm always in. Did you go shopping alone? I find it's always better to go with someone. If my bf wasn't always with me shopping I'd probably have an even worse time. I'll be standing there staring at something in a daze and he'll be like we were looking for eggs remember? Or whatever. I don't know.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I got back just awhile ago from shopping. The grocery store is the worst. All those flourescent lights and I always forget what I'm looking for and I'm horrible at making decisions so sometimes I get so stressed out and frustrated that I just leave without even getting anything.

Ok, I guess I'm no help... I don't know what causes the fog that I'm always in. Did you go shopping alone? I find it's always better to go with someone. If my bf wasn't always with me shopping I'd probably have an even worse time. I'll be standing there staring at something in a daze and he'll be like we were looking for eggs remember? Or whatever. I don't know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.