Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,146 Posts
I could NOT agree more with what Janine said about what to focus on in therapy. Good god, as a "relaxation technique" therapy student, I have failed! I am capable of scoring high grades in class, knowledgeable in a lot of areas, good at my job at work, and yet i can't breathing-exercise my way out of (or into) a paper bag.

And you know what? It's so BORING. BORING to focus on the anxiety or the fears or something. The more I have learned about myself, the more I want to talk about MYSELF, either talk about other things in life that have been important to me or be humurous (which is what I usually do on LiveJournal).

You may think you have nothing to talk about, and you may think at first there is nothing to you that is that important or can contribute much, but crack open those areas in life that have made you passionate or angry or happy or sad and you find you can talk for hours on them. Hell, some of my personal rants are "poor me" type things, but they have opened up creativity and were honest, so don't worry that you're complaining too much.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.