Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was curious if anyone else has this. My depersonalization is rooted in trauma and anxiety. I've had these episodes a handful of time before getting dp and for a week at a time or randomly since getting depersonalization. I have been in an episode for the past few days now so I thought I would bring it up. I get this sense of "hyper awareness" of myself, my thoughts, my movements, the stuff around me. Everything seems more intense, louder, etc. Earlier I was playing video games as a distraction and suddenly became really aware of myself existing and almost had an anxiety attack. I don't know. I just know that I get this at times and am paralyzed. Literally. Sometimes when I get up to get ready for the day it will happen. I will go and stand at the bathroom door and see my arm and feel rooted to the spot. It’s like a weird few minutes of slow motion where I zone out and focus on my action. I ALWAYS avoid looking in the mirror when I'm washing my hands, and hurry out. I've also had this when taking a shower.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I know exactly what ur talking about and it sounds like just a part of the dp/dr. I also avoid looking at myself in the mirror too and get it in the shower as well but it makes sense since i get it literally everywhere i go :/ it sucks and im constantly anxious or panicking cause of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts