Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see a new psychiatrist and possibly get a new medication. I don't want any stimulants because they have too many drawbacks. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Might wanna try xanax, although it might make dp worse..

Personally what I found helpful was caffeine pills and methyphendidate, but you're right, some people might have unwanted side effects like hyperactivity anxiety etc.. But I think its worth it because my brain actually functions at about 40% when im on stimulants which is significant for me lol

Also read about modafinil, it looks very promising, works by keeping you awake and alert but without the jitternes that comes with stimulants and with less side effects than methyl so they say.. i'm trying to get a persp for it right now

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried the benzos and the stimulants already, the problem is they are not sustainable. I developed a tolerance to them pretty quickly and they stopped working. When I went off of them, the withdrawals were insane and that leads me to why I am here today! Now I'm even worse than before I took those meds...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts