Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have had another shaking fit this night and I think that it could be some sort of late withdrawal symptom, I would like to ask if anyone has experienced some unpleasant effects from Oxazepam (SERAX).

My highest dose has been like three or four times more than the recommended dosage, if anyone has some knowledge on SERAX, please comment.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since I have had another shaking fit this night and I think that it could be some sort of late withdrawal symptom, I would like to ask if anyone has experienced some unpleasant effects from Oxazepam (SERAX).

My highest dose has been like three or four times more than the recommended dosage, if anyone has some knowledge on SERAX, please comment.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, just looked it up on the net and tremor is a symptom of oxa.

The fact that puzzles me is that I did not experience any problems during the weeks after the withdrawal. After the adverse reaction I only took one pill a day for more than two weeks I think, then I took like two thirds of a pill per day for weeks also, and then I decided to stop completely over three days of reducing the anyway tiny dosage. The pills were 15 mg, very low in fact.

So I kind of find it hard to believe that the benzo is to blame for my condition, also the half life of oxa is very short, 15 hours at the worst. And I am very slim, so I don't have any body fat where the substance could have accumulated or stored. Well, maybe the liver. But after half a year? Hard to believe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, just looked it up on the net and tremor is a symptom of oxa.

The fact that puzzles me is that I did not experience any problems during the weeks after the withdrawal. After the adverse reaction I only took one pill a day for more than two weeks I think, then I took like two thirds of a pill per day for weeks also, and then I decided to stop completely over three days of reducing the anyway tiny dosage. The pills were 15 mg, very low in fact.

So I kind of find it hard to believe that the benzo is to blame for my condition, also the half life of oxa is very short, 15 hours at the worst. And I am very slim, so I don't have any body fat where the substance could have accumulated or stored. Well, maybe the liver. But after half a year? Hard to believe.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hello I,

I have been working on stopping Lexapro. I had been taking a low dose, then 1/2'd it, then 1/4'd it over a period of 7 weeks. Was actually told to start doing one every other day for another month but did not think I needed to do that. By day 7 and the reactions, though not completely awful, I realized I needed to work on relaxing and continue the long tedious withdrawal system needed to avoid bad symptoms.

So, even at a low dose slow tapering is probably needed by some if not most of us.

Hope sharing my experience gives a little insight.
terri

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hello I,

I have been working on stopping Lexapro. I had been taking a low dose, then 1/2'd it, then 1/4'd it over a period of 7 weeks. Was actually told to start doing one every other day for another month but did not think I needed to do that. By day 7 and the reactions, though not completely awful, I realized I needed to work on relaxing and continue the long tedious withdrawal system needed to avoid bad symptoms.

So, even at a low dose slow tapering is probably needed by some if not most of us.

Hope sharing my experience gives a little insight.
terri

·
Registered
109 Posts
yeah I used oxazepam, don't like it that much, makes you a zombie
Did you guys know that in In the discription that comes with oxazepam it says that DP is a rare side effect from it?
It is described as: Feeling strange, like everything around you is 'different' in some way, dreamy.
It also says you should inmediatly contact a doctor about it.

anyway I don't take it, since i'm on paxil I don't need it anymore

·
Registered
109 Posts
yeah I used oxazepam, don't like it that much, makes you a zombie
Did you guys know that in In the discription that comes with oxazepam it says that DP is a rare side effect from it?
It is described as: Feeling strange, like everything around you is 'different' in some way, dreamy.
It also says you should inmediatly contact a doctor about it.

anyway I don't take it, since i'm on paxil I don't need it anymore

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks terri.

Shit, I am going to see a doctor tomorrow, but I doubt if it is of any value to think about the benzos, cause tapering off is over now so if I stopped taking them too abruptly, it is bad luck for me and I need to bear the symptoms.

I will increase the dosage of the antideps I am on now, maybe that helps.
The pain comes in cycles, and by now I am absolutely positive that I go insane. It is really hard.

I am visiting a physical doctor cause I am fed up with psychiatrists.

My dr started after anxiety and panic and the pain. I have been having this pain for like more than half a year now, it developed out of a pain symptom that I have had for one and a half year, but these days it is like as strong as it could possibly get, still it is the same pain.

The last asshole of a psychiatrist I went to because of the pain and the dr said that I should do psychotherapy, like as if talking about the pain would help.
I asked him what type of psychotherapy he was thinking of, and he replied that it doesn't make a difference, as long as the 'relationship' with the therapist is ok. The fucking cunt! I hate him and all those before him.
Like an ecclectic approach is best against the pain, the bitch.

Why didn't he tell me that he has no clue and that he can't help me? Why are psychiatrists so fucking ignorant and liars? He could not even think of a medication for me, he was contradicting himself at every visit, constantly changing his mind although my symptoms didn't change. And know what, this fucking asshole of a bitchcunt idiot of a psychiatrist was the vice director of the fucking local hospital.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks terri.

Shit, I am going to see a doctor tomorrow, but I doubt if it is of any value to think about the benzos, cause tapering off is over now so if I stopped taking them too abruptly, it is bad luck for me and I need to bear the symptoms.

I will increase the dosage of the antideps I am on now, maybe that helps.
The pain comes in cycles, and by now I am absolutely positive that I go insane. It is really hard.

I am visiting a physical doctor cause I am fed up with psychiatrists.

My dr started after anxiety and panic and the pain. I have been having this pain for like more than half a year now, it developed out of a pain symptom that I have had for one and a half year, but these days it is like as strong as it could possibly get, still it is the same pain.

The last asshole of a psychiatrist I went to because of the pain and the dr said that I should do psychotherapy, like as if talking about the pain would help.
I asked him what type of psychotherapy he was thinking of, and he replied that it doesn't make a difference, as long as the 'relationship' with the therapist is ok. The fucking cunt! I hate him and all those before him.
Like an ecclectic approach is best against the pain, the bitch.

Why didn't he tell me that he has no clue and that he can't help me? Why are psychiatrists so fucking ignorant and liars? He could not even think of a medication for me, he was contradicting himself at every visit, constantly changing his mind although my symptoms didn't change. And know what, this fucking asshole of a bitchcunt idiot of a psychiatrist was the vice director of the fucking local hospital.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Although I have to add that my first dr experiences go way back before I took oxazepam, but those weren't chronic and I could snap out of it when I relaxed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Although I have to add that my first dr experiences go way back before I took oxazepam, but those weren't chronic and I could snap out of it when I relaxed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
so you'r chronic DP is from taking oxazepam?
I'ts a rare side effect you know, don't know if you should worry about the oxazepam

·
Registered
109 Posts
so you'r chronic DP is from taking oxazepam?
I'ts a rare side effect you know, don't know if you should worry about the oxazepam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't know if the chronic dr has something to do with the benzo, well, could be the case. I think anxiety came first, so I believe that the dr is a result of anxiety/panic, but I guess the oxa. might be involved to a certain degree.

You know, there were a lot of triggers that lead to anxiety, so all the mess does not come as a surprise to me, in fact it would be surprising if I weren't messed up as a result.

That is why I never thought of the oxazepam when I reflected on my symptoms. Because I used the oxa. against the symptoms of anxiety and stress, so I kind of think that the stress and pressure in my life triggered the dp, but I don't really know.

Fact is that the anxiety came first, I mean in absence of the oxa. Then I took the benzo , and also the stress in my life increased, and I took more of it, and so on. So , well, maybe the truth is that each aspect of my life and my way of living contributed to my suffering, but I could easily explain the reasons for the dr without involving the oxazepam at all.

That is why I never thought of the oxa. of being the problem and cause of it all. Also the fact that I never got addicted reinforces this point.

But I kind of think that maybe everything plays its role.
The pain has definitely to do with the anxiety because when I get anxious the pain rises, but it hasn't been so strong before. I don't really know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't know if the chronic dr has something to do with the benzo, well, could be the case. I think anxiety came first, so I believe that the dr is a result of anxiety/panic, but I guess the oxa. might be involved to a certain degree.

You know, there were a lot of triggers that lead to anxiety, so all the mess does not come as a surprise to me, in fact it would be surprising if I weren't messed up as a result.

That is why I never thought of the oxazepam when I reflected on my symptoms. Because I used the oxa. against the symptoms of anxiety and stress, so I kind of think that the stress and pressure in my life triggered the dp, but I don't really know.

Fact is that the anxiety came first, I mean in absence of the oxa. Then I took the benzo , and also the stress in my life increased, and I took more of it, and so on. So , well, maybe the truth is that each aspect of my life and my way of living contributed to my suffering, but I could easily explain the reasons for the dr without involving the oxazepam at all.

That is why I never thought of the oxa. of being the problem and cause of it all. Also the fact that I never got addicted reinforces this point.

But I kind of think that maybe everything plays its role.
The pain has definitely to do with the anxiety because when I get anxious the pain rises, but it hasn't been so strong before. I don't really know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, also I think that I would not have been able to go on with my life without the benzo, so if I had not had the oxa. I would have had to quit the school I was doing back then. And I wanted to finish this year, so if I had not taken the benzo to push me through it I would have had to quit without getting a diploma and this pressure could have triggered the anxiety anyway, so it is really hard to tell if it was an all bad idea to take the benzo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, also I think that I would not have been able to go on with my life without the benzo, so if I had not had the oxa. I would have had to quit the school I was doing back then. And I wanted to finish this year, so if I had not taken the benzo to push me through it I would have had to quit without getting a diploma and this pressure could have triggered the anxiety anyway, so it is really hard to tell if it was an all bad idea to take the benzo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts