Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In near death experiences people come back from the dead and some say this world looks dreamlike to them compared to the reality they experienced when they were dead, an out of body experience. According to what I've read it says it takes time for them to adjust back to this reality but what if some of them never do and they end up feeling and always seeing everything dreamlike after their near death experience. The first time memory I have of experiencing derealization is crossing a street at night to pick up a basketball then stopping before going back and seeing everything dreamlike. There is another part of a near death experience that makes me question myself. Life reviews. This is what happens when someone is experiencing a near death experience and is reliving everything they ever experienced in their life. What if I am trapped inside a life review? This would mean that I am already dead or near dead and that I will wake up again or die at the end. The out of body experience that looks very real to them, even more real to the reality they see in this world, from what I've read, takes place in other out of body experiences but it's never mentioned whether or not what they experience in a life review looks real to them or dreamlike. NDEs and reincarnation cases have life reviews in common.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes, maybe it could explain why I feel like I'm not completely here and why everything looks dreamlike.
the explanation would be dissociation, wouldn't it?

I mean I guess you can never exclude the possibility, but it's like that with everything. I don't know if it bothers you at all to think about, if it doesn't go ahead just make sure you don't get stuck in conspiracies. :) I know I get really lost sometimes that's why.

·
Registered
171 Posts
In near death experiences people come back from the dead and some say this world looks dreamlike to them compared to the reality they experienced when they were dead, an out of body experience. According to what I've read it says it takes time for them to adjust back to this reality but what if some of them never do and they end up feeling and always seeing everything dreamlike after their near death experience. The first time memory I have of experiencing derealization is crossing a street at night to pick up a basketball then stopping before going back and seeing everything dreamlike. There is another part of a near death experience that makes me question myself. Life reviews. This is what happens when someone is experiencing a near death experience and is reliving everything they ever experienced in their life. What if I am trapped inside a life review? This would mean that I am already dead or near dead and that I will wake up again or die at the end. The out of body experience that looks very real to them, even more real to the reality they see in this world, from what I've read, takes place in other out of body experiences but it's never mentioned whether or not what they experience in a life review looks real to them or dreamlike. NDEs and reincarnation cases have life reviews in common.
Hi,

Yes, I've had a near-death experience, but didn't experience the life review. However, I have experienced the life review with subsequent traumatic events.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts