Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Folks! I am 27y old male. I have been having social anxiety since I can remember. I think its because I couldn't spell r and l letters until I turned 15. After I could finally speak without troubles I thought my severe social anxiety days are over. But it wasn't the case. General anxiety was gone. I wasn't worry so much about social meetings, school, etc. But still even after 12 years every time I get in a place with strangers my anxiety kicks in hard. And its not due to my worried thoughts like some cases I have been reading about. I think its because my mind got so used to this that it is automatic reaction to social situations.

So my questions to you, friends: How can I overcome anxiety if its not due to my thoughts? I really assure you, I don't think that something bad will happen before I go to places where people will be there. But my body acts like I am about to get shot. :/

I am in this forum because my DP/DR is lasted more than ten years. I was so happy to finally find the answer what was happening to me. :) I thought I have some kind of dementia. I read a lot of advises and stories, which says that overcome anxiety and you will be free of DP/DR. Overcome by stopping thinking about it. But my anxiety comes naturally. Its like my subconcious is designed that way. Its there any way to snap out of it, so I could do things like shopping without having double heart rate? :)

Thank you even for reading it. Any answer is appreciated. Or maybe there is similar post here and you can comment a link?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If this is the only option for me - some "hypnosis" then I guess I will have social anxiety for life. That means DP/DR for life as well. Well, it was nice to have hope for a few days. Thanks anyway. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts