Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been suffering from DPD since mid January of 2017. I started doing better for a couple months but just about a month ago it started getting bad again. I am dealing with it a little better than before but I still get super anxious and scared about it. I was just wondering if anyone else feels "uncomfortable" around people they would normally feel very safe and comfortable with. For example, sometimes I feel uncomfortable being around my boyfriend or "disconnected" as if he was a stranger , which is very unusual because we have been together for quite some time and nothing has changed between us. I'm not sure if I am explaining myself very well but I hope you guys understand what I mean. Please let me know if anyone else feels this way.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yeah normal, anxiety and restlessness all normal to me. Most people felt uncomfortable at the start, I just did it anyway...

Disconnected, well that's DP in a nutshell

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have definitely felt the same way. Talking to someone I know very well and for a moment it feels like they are a stranger. For me it comes and goes and the less I fight it the better it is. Hope that helps. It is a tough feeling when you first notice it so hang in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts