Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting in a chair or sitting anywhere in your house, and feel as if a part of you is outside? It's hard to describe exactly.
It's like you know intellectually you're inside the house, but feels like your soul is outside?
I know it's only a thought from the derealization, but it's scary.

Anyone?
Thanks.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Sitting in a chair or sitting anywhere in your house, and feel as if a part of you is outside? It's hard to describe exactly.
It's like you know intellectually you're inside the house, but feels like your soul is outside?
I know it's only a thought from the derealization, but it's scary.

Anyone?
Thanks.
Perhaps I had something similar. Sometimes I could go outside and it didn't feel like outside, but more like inside, almost like there was a ceiling instead of the sky that I could almost see. Or it was daytime and I felt like it was the night, even though I was outside in direct sunlight. The atmosphere I felt was in-congruent with where I was. I lived in the US some years ago and then moved back to France. But it happened to me once, when I was disoriented, I just had a couple thoughts that coincidentally were linked to something I lived in the US and suddenly I felt like I actually was in the US again. Just the atmosphere but in a very real way. It doesn't happen to me often anymore, but when it happens I am less afraid of the experience itself than the fact that I might talk about something that doesn't make sense by mistake, and that people would judge me like I am crazy. (One example of that is after I came out of one week isolation for covid recently, it took me some days to socialize normally again, and I was talking with someone in a group, we got interrupted, and then I resumed the conversation but with the wrong person and didn't realize it until they started looking at me with strange eyes. It was not very scary but more a feeling of loneliness related to the expectation of not being understood or relatable - and actually nobody cares so far).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps I had something similar. Sometimes I could go outside and it didn't feel like outside, but more like inside, almost like there was a ceiling instead of the sky that I could almost see. Or it was daytime and I felt like it was the night, even though I was outside in direct sunlight. The atmosphere I felt was in-congruent with where I was. I lived in the US some years ago and then moved back to France. But it happened to me once, when I was disoriented, I just had a couple thoughts that coincidentally were linked to something I lived in the US and suddenly I felt like I actually was in the US again. Just the atmosphere but in a very real way. It doesn't happen to me often anymore, but when it happens I am less afraid of the experience itself than the fact that I might talk about something that doesn't make sense by mistake, and that people would judge me like I am crazy. (One example of that is after I came out of one week isolation for covid recently, it took me some days to socialize normally again, and I was talking with someone in a group, we got interrupted, and then I resumed the conversation but with the wrong person and didn't realize it until they started looking at me with strange eyes. It was not very scary but more a feeling of loneliness related to the expectation of not being understood or relatable - and actually nobody cares so far).
The sky feeling more like a dome or ceiling, I can relate to.
And the outside feeling like in, I have had once or twice.

So, yes I can relate to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts