Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the air is hot people are screaming it is so hot etc, but you actually feel not hot, but normal close to cold, specially more at night. I feel like I needed blanket to sleep lmao. And it is frigging summer here. Can anyone relate to this as a symptom to DP/DR or Dissociation?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I actually have this, you and I... We have a lot in common my friend
tongue.png
Depends if you still experience mind-blank and emotional numbness.
LMAO! Dude I did screenshot your last post when you explained how you couldn't hold on to your thoughts and how they didn't have a grasp on you and no emotional effect! I had the same thing and I was like wtf, this guy tells the same. But I'm so much better at the moment. And shit you won't believe but PAST MEMORIES are alive at this moment. I experienced a big CATHARSIS today and the days before, my body trembled and shook and I felt all the trauma and negative tension was thrown out. I think my DP/DR effects came from meditation or I'm just taking control of myself now. I suggest you search for Acceptance. It sounds simple but it is a huge thing, and also I try to restructure my sense of "Self" manually. And I do some simple cognitive grounding exercises, I know it is a stress related thing, so I just don't do anything to make me stressed and try to give myself a boost everytime at any cost.

My advice to you, just open songs that will make you feel like crap or anything even at a little amount, and try to remember how you felt emotional before on your songs, and cry and feel the bad sides of your psyche, anger, resentment, weakness, you gotta open up to FEELING again. I think that is the key, You need to create a catharsis by your own, make your self let it out by music or anything you can find. I'm telling you these because we look so much similar. Just try Music if you don't try other things I write. Just search for Acceptance and how to use it for mental health, and catharsis of emotions by music. Tell me how it goes buddy! And for adding: Dude just search for TRE exercises, these are trauma releasing exercises, they did so much help for my catharsis and opened up the gates for me. Your salvation might lie in this post. Best wishes!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ive had flucuations in temperature myself but being outside definently feels hot to me. Dp/dr has a way of fucking with all your senses, including touch and temperature. But being low on iron can make you feel colder. If ur not already, try taking vitamin supplements or eat foods with iron in them and see if it helps. Might take a few days to notice a difference. Plus, iron might help your symptoms in general. Cant guarentee it will as its different for every person but its still good to get enough iron.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, I'm not keen to take vitamins etc., can you tell me if you have info about what can I eat easily to get Iron? Btw I think I know that Iron is high on males already isn't that something like that? :) Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah sure. Iron rich foods include red meat, beans, cashews, dark green veggies like spinach, fortified breakfast cereals and whole grain breads. Also getting enough vitimin c will help with the absorbtion of iron in your body as well. Lots of fruits are high in vitimin c.

·
Registered
19 Posts
LMAO! Dude I did screenshot your last post when you explained how you couldn't hold on to your thoughts and how they didn't have a grasp on you and no emotional effect! I had the same thing and I was like wtf, this guy tells the same. But I'm so much better at the moment. And shit you won't believe but PAST MEMORIES are alive at this moment. I experienced a big CATHARSIS today and the days before, my body trembled and shook and I felt all the trauma and negative tension was thrown out. I think my DP/DR effects came from meditation or I'm just taking control of myself now. I suggest you search for Acceptance. It sounds simple but it is a huge thing, and also I try to restructure my sense of "Self" manually. And I do some simple cognitive grounding exercises, I know it is a stress related thing, so I just don't do anything to make me stressed and try to give myself a boost everytime at any cost.

My advice to you, just open songs that will make you feel like crap or anything even at a little amount, and try to remember how you felt emotional before on your songs, and cry and feel the bad sides of your psyche, anger, resentment, weakness, you gotta open up to FEELING again. I think that is the key, You need to create a catharsis by your own, make your self let it out by music or anything you can find. I'm telling you these because we look so much similar. Just try Music if you don't try other things I write. Just search for Acceptance and how to use it for mental health, and catharsis of emotions by music. Tell me how it goes buddy! And for adding: Dude just search for TRE exercises, these are trauma releasing exercises, they did so much help for my catharsis and opened up the gates for me. Your salvation might lie in this post. Best wishes!
We have a lot of things we can discuss... I'm not a fan of meditation, because I thought it was the thing that got me here, I sought meditation gurus and paid a dozen dollars for 20 different consultations with meditation experts. I told them EXACTLY what happened and what I went through, and guess what, they all told me the same thing, it was awakening, none of them heard about DP/DR, but it was awakening. I stuck to one of those meditation experts, who was actually the best in the country. After my 9th. consultation with this guy, after many different healing techniques (rebirth techniques as well), he realized, it was not awakening nor was it a meditative state, he told me to go to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist told me it was DPD, and that the meditation part of it (when the mind blank hit) was just a coincidence, it was maybe because my mind simply went "freeze" mode because of all that stress and tension from anxiety (before mind blank). But bro, you know what? I'll give it a shot anything you write from now on, what is your suggestion? Maybe a specific youtube video on acceptance or TRE exercise? All this DPDR/anxiety started 8 months ago on an LSD trip btw, that's why I also was so sure of it had to do something with awakening.

Also, what are you experiencing now? other than the shift in temperature, I might be able to help you as well mate.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have a lot of things we can discuss... I'm not a fan of meditation, because I thought it was the thing that got me here, I sought meditation gurus and paid a dozen dollars for 20 different consultations with meditation experts. I told them EXACTLY what happened and what I went through, and guess what, they all told me the same thing, it was awakening, none of them heard about DP/DR, but it was awakening. I stuck to one of those meditation experts, who was actually the best in the country. After my 9th. consultation with this guy, after many different healing techniques (rebirth techniques as well), he realized, it was not awakening nor was it a meditative state, he told me to go to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist told me it was DPD, and that the meditation part of it (when the mind blank hit) was just a coincidence, it was maybe because my mind simply went "freeze" mode because of all that stress and tension from anxiety (before mind blank). But bro, you know what? I'll give it a shot anything you write from now on, what is your suggestion? Maybe a specific youtube video on acceptance or TRE exercise? All this DPDR/anxiety started 8 months ago on an LSD trip btw, that's why I also was so sure of it had to do something with awakening.

Also, what are you experiencing now? other than the shift in temperature, I might be able to help you as well mate.
Hey man. So they couldn't heal you , I mean those experts? Not a tiny bit at all? Wow. Btw I'm not sure if you got DP/DR from Meditation or from an LSD trip, I mean which one do you think? And did you start to meditate after this DPD induced by LSD trip? Let's understand things first for good then we can have a better talk mate!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey man. So they couldn't heal you , I mean those experts? Not a tiny bit at all? Wow. Btw I'm not sure if you got DP/DR from Meditation or from an LSD trip, I mean which one do you think? And did you start to meditate after this DPD induced by LSD trip? Let's understand things first for good then we can have a better talk mate!
Well, I guess it's me first. Well I did a stupid LSD trip first and the last trip, and I got immense anxiety, was there with my cousin, first two hours were awesome, then we isolated ourselves and things got bad, and I got panic attacks and anxiety. Next day, everything fine, and I'm over the situation. Two months after the trip, I started to get racing thoughts, the same thoughts when I was tripping, and I got diagnosed with anxiety that day, and I got severe derealization with anxiety, for 5 months. Things got out of hand and my brother said I should start meditating, first now at this point i started meditation (mindfulness) so I had severe dpdr before this, and I did so 12 days in a row (which is almost nothing) and under one meditation session, the mind blankness happened. And well I did the rebirth thing which helped right at the moment, but suddenly, back to mind blankness... Honestly, I think the psychiatrist is right, it was a coincidence with the meditation, that's what the meditation expert also said at last, because he said it was unusual to feel this memory problem and so on...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts