Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up around 18 months ago, feeling completely spaced out. Kept rubbing my eyes and took a shower and then a walk to see if it would go away. It didn't. I still have this DPDR.

However, I've noticed that when I squint my eyes as if to focus my vision, the effects of DPDR diminish somewhat. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I woke up around 18 months ago, feeling completely spaced out. Kept rubbing my eyes and took a shower and then a walk to see if it would go away. It didn't. I still have this DPDR.

However, I've noticed that when I squint my eyes as if to focus my vision, the effects of DPDR diminish somewhat. Anyone else experience this?
Oh yeah I know what you mean. What really helps me is that in the morning, I wait like an hour before I put my contacts in. Lol this seems really weird but in a way that makes the world so much clearer when I put them in after a while. So not really squinting I guess because the actual squinting doesn't help that much, but after I get the sense that the thing around me look clearer. I guess this is because dpdr has really made my eyesight blurrier when I do have the right prescription, but I don't notice that as much if I've walked around all blurry for a while:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hello chng.

That's interesting re squinting. I tried it and yes, my derealisation was a little reduced. I would say it is because restricting my visual input means it is less emotionally confronting, which is what DPRD seeks to deny.

Another effect I know about, is staring into the far distance for half a minute or so, then suddenly looking at something close up, e.g. your arm. This brings a short dip in derealisation for some people. It may be just seconds but it's amazing, and it shows DPRD is reversible even if difficult to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts