Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone else has recovered from DP and experienced the following:

-Overwhelmed by emotions

-Highly sensitive to other people's energy/emotions

-Can not go into old historical places or antique stores/flea markets

-Sensitive to caffeine and loud noises

-Feeling drained and needing to be alone quite often

-Can't tolerate fake people (because you can immediately tell they are lying or have bad intentions)

I went through DP for several years and very slowly came out of it. I do feel connected to everything once

again. (The best way I can describe what I am feeling is all my senses are heightened and I am picking up

on too much now. I am not afraid of this feeling, but it gets overwhelming because I have to avoid going

to certain places or around certain people.)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Ive never fully recovered but im usually a 6 out of 10....

And yes I can totally identify with all of the above....

I can read people better, My senses are more acute (noise, touch, sight etc) , I prefer my own company now, Im more sensitive in a good way, etc etc etc...

I actually use all these things in a positive way now in my life and it all actually keeps me in check....

Believe it or not there is actually good to come out of DP (After you improve of course)....You become more self aware as well as being more mindful of whats good and bad for you...You also learn to recognise when people have poor intentions and motives towards you or others...Kinda like a sixth sense almost...

Some might say that post DP we actually simply grow up and become wiser and more sensible and less afraid....Lets face it before DP we were all basically scared rabbits stuck in headlights constantly in fear or worrying about what life and the future had in store for us..........We just didnt realise it would become the DP hell it turned in to because it was the norm for us for many many years since we were very young to think and feel that way....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts