Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well let me see if I can describe what I felt. I was watching a morning tv show, The View, I glanced away from the tv and when I glanced back and saw two of the womens faces I got this weird jolt through my brain like I was looking at people I know. One of the women looks like my sister. But it was such a strange powerful feeling. The same feeling a rape victim might feel if she was to see her rapist in a line up. A horrible feeling goes through her body. This feeling has happened to me before with other tv personalities, it is so strange. Maybe it is just another form of anxiety. It left me feeling so scared and emotionally off. I went into a tailspin of fear. I was so afraid of loosing it or hallucinating etc... two of my biggest fears. It is so difficult to know if something is really wrong with me or if I am just bring these feelings on and then adding to them with my fear and imagination.

I would really appreciate some feedback.
Thanks,

Sassy :?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well let me see if I can describe what I felt. I was watching a morning tv show, The View, I glanced away from the tv and when I glanced back and saw two of the womens faces I got this weird jolt through my brain like I was looking at people I know. One of the women looks like my sister. But it was such a strange powerful feeling. The same feeling a rape victim might feel if she was to see her rapist in a line up. A horrible feeling goes through her body. This feeling has happened to me before with other tv personalities, it is so strange. Maybe it is just another form of anxiety. It left me feeling so scared and emotionally off. I went into a tailspin of fear. I was so afraid of loosing it or hallucinating etc... two of my biggest fears. It is so difficult to know if something is really wrong with me or if I am just bring these feelings on and then adding to them with my fear and imagination.

I would really appreciate some feedback.
Thanks,

Sassy :?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Yeah Ive had something similar and I could liken it to really strong 'deja vu'. From my personal opinion, I don't think its got necessarily got an emotional link, I think its more of a neurological thing. I was driving at night was looking at the road and then looked at a lampost and it kind of made me jolt, like it was really frightening or something. Bit like an electric shock in the head. I wasn't dp'd or anxious either. I just think it maybe something us dp'ers can do, like deja vu is like a faulty mechanism, it sees something, logs it, then logs it again apparently, so we think we have been there before. Its just something that happens in that part of the brain that shouldnt. I personally wouldnt try and read too much into as I doubt it has a particular reason, more just malfunctioning of recalling memories. Interesting point though, Im interested in things that may be the more biological side to dp. Course, I could be completely wrong!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Yeah Ive had something similar and I could liken it to really strong 'deja vu'. From my personal opinion, I don't think its got necessarily got an emotional link, I think its more of a neurological thing. I was driving at night was looking at the road and then looked at a lampost and it kind of made me jolt, like it was really frightening or something. Bit like an electric shock in the head. I wasn't dp'd or anxious either. I just think it maybe something us dp'ers can do, like deja vu is like a faulty mechanism, it sees something, logs it, then logs it again apparently, so we think we have been there before. Its just something that happens in that part of the brain that shouldnt. I personally wouldnt try and read too much into as I doubt it has a particular reason, more just malfunctioning of recalling memories. Interesting point though, Im interested in things that may be the more biological side to dp. Course, I could be completely wrong!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not sure if this is the same thing, but I've felt something click and my senses 'quicken' sometimes for no reason when looking at something. I think it's less related to what you're looking at (or listening to) than what you ate for breakfast.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not sure if this is the same thing, but I've felt something click and my senses 'quicken' sometimes for no reason when looking at something. I think it's less related to what you're looking at (or listening to) than what you ate for breakfast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts