Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm new here, I think I have dpdr, I feel unable to feel any emotion apart from fear, the first thing I feel when I wake up is an intense fear like I just want to escape my body. The only thing im conscious of is my heart beating 24/7. Body feels numb like it's not my own, walking is scary I look down at my feet and can't understand how they're moving on their own. My hands move but they aren't mine even though I know they must be. Scared I'm going insane :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you do to cope with it? It feels like I'm stuck in a state of terror. I have no interests, ambitions. Feel zero emotion apart from fear, which makes no sense as there's nothing to be afraid of. I don't know why I'm like this either. I'm just about surviving

·
Registered
77 Posts
Honestly, getting rid of the fear you have for this change is the biggest step in overcoming this i think but its super hard since every little thing feels surreal, different and frightening. I felt like that for a while in the beginning. You do kinda forget what normal feels like but if you keep exploring yourself and your old memories and past experiances and feelings, its starts to feel somewhat like it used to. Ive had moments of recognizing im feeling something normally like i used to and it gives me hope thisll go away eventually.
My coping stategies have been seeking comfort from my loved ones, counselling, and letting people drag me out of the house instead of wasting away all day indoors. Leaving the house or seeing friends seems super daunting and unreal when it used to be my favorite thing. It sucks but it gets easier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What do you do to cope with it? It feels like I'm stuck in a state of terror. I have no interests, ambitions. Feel zero emotion apart from fear, which makes no sense as there's nothing to be afraid of. I don't know why I'm like this either. I'm just about surviving
what triggered your DR? Which came first Anxiety or DR? Aslong you fear DR you will have DR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts