Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a decent job at staying off this forum. But im back to share what Ive been going through recently to see if anyone can relate.

I think ive said something like this before, but it feels like the continuity of my life is being constantly disrupted. It doesn't feel as if time is "flowing" seemlessly as it should. It feels like I am perpetually fading in and out of every moment. And it's not that I am "forgetting" the past moments that lead to the present so much as I'm losing connection with them

Ive always had the symptom of, when something happens, immediately after it occurs its like I can't believe it just happened. But now I think where it's different is the present moment itself doesn't even feel like it's happening in real time. It's like there is no such thing as the present, past, and future.

I honestly think the best way to describe this is that of living in a dream. When you dream you aren't really cognizant of the concept of time. Dreams are this spontaneous happening of events, with no clear continuity, no clear story, and no clear objective existence beyond itself. Thats basically what it feels like. Effectively it has made me forgotten who I am or what my life is.

anyone relate?

·
Registered
353 Posts
A distorted perception of time is definitely a symptom of DPDR. I also have this symptom, but I've noticed it happening a lot more during this year, which I guess is normal to an extent, considering how chaotic this year has been. You're not alone in feeling this way.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah I can definitely relate. I’m sure this is very normal, even without dpdr but in a smaller portion of course. Feeling like your in a dream is freaky for sure, I’ve experienced that a lot. Sometimes I’ll even feel as if I’m in a nightmare. There are some ways tho to “prove” that you’re not dreaming that have helped me a lot! But you’re not alone in this, and I know how hard it is so keep fighting! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts