Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently been having weird symptoms that were never usually there... Does anyone else experience these?

Walking down the stairs feels really weird, like a massive out of body experience. Walking up the stairs is fine, but going down is unusually different. It feels like I'm floating down. I always expect more stairs or less, and I think everyone knows how that feels, when you expect one more step and its not there, or the other way around. Its like that but with every step, like I've forgotten the stairs were there in the first place. It confuses me a lot of the time.

Also, my DP and DR is amplified by about 100 at night. Its hard to go bowling, to the cinema and to parties, because it feels as if it is night inside, until you get outside again to realise that its still day. I don't how to explain this one, or why it is like that. Also driving at night is awful. I can't drive quite yet, but even sitting in the passenger seat, if feels very unreal.

I've been writing about my experiences with DP and DR more, as I've been very bad with that in the past, but I have yet to talk about it properly. I'm working towards that :)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Walking down the stairs feels really weird, like a massive out of body experience. Walking up the stairs is fine, but going down is unusually different. It feels like I'm floating down. I always expect more stairs or less, and I think everyone knows how that feels, when you expect one more step and its not there, or the other way around. Its like that but with every step, like I've forgotten the stairs were there in the first place. It confuses me a lot of the time.

Vertigo!!! Often occurs with DP....I get it too...

Also, my DP and DR is amplified by about 100 at night. Its hard to go bowling, to the cinema and to parties, because it feels as if it is night inside, until you get outside again to realise that its still day. I don't how to explain this one, or why it is like that. Also driving at night is awful. I can't drive quite yet, but even sitting in the passenger seat, if feels very unreal.

Lack of natural sunlight / daylight can increase DP and DR....It does for me....Im a different person when out and about on bright sunny days....I also have S A D which adds to it all...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts