Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find both these tasks an inconvenience I wish I could last all day I mean sleeping is like not being alive so it’s no fun and you can never be sure you will wake again and also I still have the solispism issue so I feel nobody exists anyway so when I’m not around the world won’t be I don’t believe anybody else’s life is real

·
Registered
445 Posts
Well, they are two cornerstones of dp recovery, so learn to love it. Especially sleep. The whole sleep/death thing is a mischaracterisation of sleep... in many ways you are at your most vivid and creative state during sleep.

Four years ago i had solipsism and the worry about not waking up from sleep but that never happened. I only got better

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks another thing I want to talk about is when I had my breakdown in 2016 I worried a beeping noise meant I would wake from
A coma and die or something it triggers a panic attack but I worry one day I will find out my life was a con. When I was ill in 2016 I had to rush for chocolate as I felt weak. My parents said at the time I wouldn't "get back" those words stuck with me as at the time I worried I had went to the afterlife and I would some how get back? So why does the beeping noise cause me anxiety I think it's related to the DP feelings? Also some of it was spiritual deep meanings I got into when I was ill

·
Registered
343 Posts
Eating is the best thing ever. It's the highlight of my days, definitely.

·
Registered
445 Posts
About the beeping noise: the fears and phobias we can develop from dp is a literally endless list. Your mind is on danger overdrive and can find fault in the smallest thing. Like my mind has done. Things take on a symbolic flavour and you see meaning where there isn't any. As your mind recovers you will slowly forget about it all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts