Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have the cognitive type DP, with the anhedonia and memory problems and dont got it from ssri or withdrawal?
I see a lot of people who got it from withdrawal but if people also got it from anxiety or trauma without ssri I ask myself what is the cause. The withdrawal or the trauma that caused it?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got it from stress essentially. Without SSRI.

It's just a matter of genetic predisposition.

One person can take drug X and develop blank mindedness, the next person can take the same drug and develop schizophrenia.

The third person can have no reaction whatsoever positive or negative.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That being said though, i haven't really seen a connection between SSRIs (or any other class of drug) and blank mindedness.

It generally seems to be organic and progressive to me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think I have a lesser severity of blank mind so maybe I don't apply. I can still work at my job with ease, multi task, and even go to college, but my ability to day dream and my ambitions are gone. I'm not motivated whatsoever due to emotional numbness, However mine was definitely caused by stress mixed with depression. Trial and error between medications and various forms of treatment is, to me, our best bet.

TMS has been a disappointment for me so far, but they also would not agree to treat me the same way as Didi (the person who's responded to TMS)

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think I have a lesser severity of blank mind so maybe I don't apply. I can still work at my job with ease, multi task, and even go to college, but my ability to day dream and my ambitions are gone. I'm not motivated whatsoever due to emotional numbness, However mine was definitely caused by stress mixed with depression. Trial and error between medications and various forms of treatment is, to me, our best bet.

TMS has been a disappointment for me so far, but they also would not agree to treat me the same way as Didi (the person who's responded to TMS)
That's weird that they don't agree on that protocol,cause it's nothing different than the normal procedure. She only did left and right DPLFC. And left is the normal. She responded when she added left. Right is inhibitory more for anxiety,the left is for depression.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know this is from mirtazapine and I can show you a lot of stories on other forums who got it from this. I dont know of its DP but the symptoms are the same. The blank mind,the anhedonia and memory loss and sense of time. I dont know what to do it seems getting worse every week. Insomnia is also very bad.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's weird that they don't agree on that protocol,cause it's nothing different than the normal procedure. She only did left and right DPLFC. And left is the normal. She responded when she added left. Right is inhibitory more for anxiety,the left is for depression.
She did both sides at the same time. And right sided treatment is only inhibitory if they do 1Hz stimulation (1 pulse per second) with my treatment they dont do 1Hz per second on my right side which is more likely to do something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts