Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to bed at 11pm.
Awake at 2:25am.

I think I had a panic attack in my sleep. I woke up and I could see stars, The left side of my body was tingling and muscles twitching. Before I went to sleep I had the usual DP thoughts,( am I going insane), and the more frequent hypochondria (Am I having a stroke). My lips and Feet won't stop tingling. And now I'm scared to go back to sleep.

*Sigh*

· Registered
1,763 Posts
I hear ya miss!

Ive had the same issues with sleeping for a long time now....In fact its now impossible for me to get to sleep without the TV on in the background...The TV acts as a comfort and as a distraction from my racing mind when I close my eyes to sleep...Also if i dont leave the TV on while I sleep I get bad night terrors....I usually wake up 4 or 5 times a night (sometimes more) and often dont sleep at all....I actually get better sleep quality during the day than I do at night....

The crazy thing is lots of decent quality sleep is essential in combatting DP......I believe good quality sleep affects the chemical imbalance in the brain i a very positive way particularly when it comes to DP...

Very very frustrating......... And scarey at times!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.