Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More liiiiiiiiists! I'll liven things in this manner, rather than continue posting "edgy" subject matter. Its a conspiracy by the way.

MC Escher

Yoshitaka Amano - a favorite among geeks like myself

HR Giger

Albrecht Duhrer - This is some old shit

Salvador Dali

·
Registered
853 Posts
Dali

2 words - moustache / dreams

Jason Pollock

I like the way he explores the uncousius in his work, when I view a lot of his work I feel like I am looking into a mealstrom of the artists mind. Some would consider his famous drip paintings as pretentious but I like them altohugh I prefer his more abstract period work.

HRGiger

I was first fasinated by this artists work when I first saw a bit of alien as a child, I like his art because he mixes thems of sex/nightmare like alternate planes and machinery into his pictures, like for his biomechancial pictures, one of which is shown above

Picasso

Piccaso is one of my fav artists becasue he was a master at many different styles and also was a major playor in many important art movements in nmodern art, he was also progrssing always pushing things foward with consistenlly original work, a genius in my opinion.

kandinsky

I really like the way he abstracts things and presents shape and form in an intersting and eye opening way, to me his art looks like music made into a oainting

His style is often how I draw pictures as well when i do it, albiet in a nowhere near as good way

I also like a lot of futurist and other surrealist, abstract art

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stuff I draw myself actually looks a bit like half kadinsky half aztek. I was first influenced by art by abtract artists like Pollack, but i'm more fascinated by surrealists myself.

·
Registered
853 Posts
The surrelists in general I think were more of an interesting group art movement because many of them were a collection of real crazy charecters and funny personaities and I think that manic energy is represened in a simliar but more absurd way (eg fetish objects) than the abstact group who tended or it would seem to me to be a more serious group

I think pollock was a fasicnating charecter though, old cliche but he was somewhat of a tortured artist, the film pollock is a pretty good biopec of his life

·
Registered
556 Posts
I hate art because I was horrible at it growing up. My middle school art teacher tried to convict me of an honor offense for cheating on an art history test. I was mouthing a question to myself and she thought I was trying to get answers from someone across the room. I was cleared of the offense by the Dean, but she didn't believe me and continued making innuendos in class about how some of her students had been cheating. She hated me and scarred me for life.

I do like Edward Hopper. Got this one in my house.

And I like this guy Jim Pollock who did a bunch of Phish's artwork.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts