Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Have had de realization for 20 years, almost got used to it...
Tried antidepressants, stimulators, psychotherapy - no luck

Starting lamictal 25 today and will try to go up to 200
If anybody interested, I can write about the effects
Wish me luck :)

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
If it doesn't work you might increase the dose beyond 200 mg/day or combine it with an SSRI.

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
I've read that in many cases first effects appear at 100 mg/day or more.

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
I'd suggest to go to a maximum of 600 mg/day if there is no effect at lower doses. I read in epilepsy forums that some people take 1000 mg/day, so this should not be a big problem.

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
Don't give up. If it does not work you might also consider adding an SSRI or an antipsychotic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi there

an update from the OP: I went up to 300mg of Lamictal and my experience with it is rather negative.

Turned that it is called mood stabiliser for a reason - it "stabilises" everything in your head quite good. What it did - I became very very calm and not caring about just anything. I am doing bad at my job - i do not care, my wife wants to divorce me - I do not care -- you get the idea.

Of course with this additional emotional blunting I believe that my DP got worse - but with lamictal I do not care :)

So having understood this, I am going to get off it ASAP.

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
It's my impression that Lamotrigine works for some people, but the chances may be far below what the Depersonalization Research Unit says. It's still worth an attempt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts