Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I️ keep signing off but end up right back on here. I️ don’t think it’s good for me to be on here, If your on here your thinking about it ( even though I️ think about it anyways ). I️ hate my mind. I️ only posted for 10 days the last time I️ had this and it only lasted a month which was probably just a huge coincidence or wasn’t as scared as I️ am this time idk. Anyways also this time around having this I️ am 3 weeks in and I’m so effing angry. I️ can’t do this again, I️ don’t deserve to live like this again or have this fear. I️ don’t deserve to have my amazing life ripped away from me giving me no choice but to want to die once my baby is born. I’m angry no one understands me, family or doctors. I’m angry there are no answers or cure. I’m angry this isn’t getting better and my medication is not kicking in and working like last time. I’m angry that I️ don’t know how long it will last. Im angry this is happening to me, AGAIN. I’m angry everyone around me doesn’t feel like this. Im angry I️ can’t leave my house. I’m angry my eyes are so tired all of the time and I️ can’t connect with the world. I’m angry and I’m sad and I’m scared and tired of fighting this fight.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
You can be on the site or you can do other things.

Site is helpful to connect with others, etc, but may be annoying because it reminds you of DP.

Some people swear staying off the site has helped them. But if you can't do that, or are not ready too, don't fret. You're not going to miss the boat to better things.

Your life being ripped away from you? Gosh I remember feeling that. But the life I had ripped away from me was nowhere NEAR how GOOD my life could be after working on myself and changing as a person. I think sometimes DP was the universe (or god or whatever) giving me a wake up call, that I had been previously selling myself short.

One girl who recovered said that once she recovered she didn't want her old life back because she liked the new (post recovery) life so much better.

Recovery can bring about a deeper, more connected, more authentic and exciting life. I wouldn't want to go back to the pre DP life versus the life of true recovery.

·
Banned
22 Posts
Bro, i think the ''secret'' is not to just stop thinking about it, but to realize it is not a real condition, it is not a disease (meaning it's not some permanent thing or something wrong with you). It is simply a temporary state of consciousness, just like all others. I do feel that a lot of information on this website and the internet can be toxic to the mind, like for example the idea that you have "BrAIN disorder" or something like that.

That's my point of view at least, I used to have terrible anxiety and anger thinking "Oh why me? why do i have to come with some bad genes that gave me this Depersonalization"? Now I just look at it as some experience that is in my llife and i can learn with it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts