Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Angela,
That is a lot of trauma to experience as a child. It made me sad to read it. You have done well to survive it all.
Sending you good thoughts,
Monika

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Angela,
That is a lot of trauma to experience as a child. It made me sad to read it. You have done well to survive it all.
Sending you good thoughts,
Monika

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hello Angela - I've nothing to add to Monika's post - I feel for you. Like many others here in this forum, I think the DP/DR we experience is a coping mechanism used for decreasing emotional pain/anxiety, which has its roots in traumatic experiences. I feel I can relate to what you have been through, though I have experienced only mother's alcoholism as a young child. But the emotional pain is there, which makes me - like you - feel so anxious and isolated underneath the DP/DR safety bubble. *hugs*

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hello Angela - I've nothing to add to Monika's post - I feel for you. Like many others here in this forum, I think the DP/DR we experience is a coping mechanism used for decreasing emotional pain/anxiety, which has its roots in traumatic experiences. I feel I can relate to what you have been through, though I have experienced only mother's alcoholism as a young child. But the emotional pain is there, which makes me - like you - feel so anxious and isolated underneath the DP/DR safety bubble. *hugs*

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for sharing your story.

You can recover totally, trust yourself!

We are here, :)

Cynthia xxx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for sharing your story.

You can recover totally, trust yourself!

We are here, :)

Cynthia xxx

·
Registered
352 Posts
A pretty inspiring story I think. It seems things are finally working out for you.

It doesn't really matter to me anymore if I recover or not. It would be great, but I can pretty handle it now. I only hate my existancial thoughts/vision/obsession and visual disturbances...although even they are pretty to handle too.
I'm exactly the same, it's the constant obsessing over existence, as well as the occasional visual disturbance that really make it hard for me now.

Good luck with Spain, I think it's a great idea.

Alex

·
Registered
352 Posts
A pretty inspiring story I think. It seems things are finally working out for you.

It doesn't really matter to me anymore if I recover or not. It would be great, but I can pretty handle it now. I only hate my existancial thoughts/vision/obsession and visual disturbances...although even they are pretty to handle too.
I'm exactly the same, it's the constant obsessing over existence, as well as the occasional visual disturbance that really make it hard for me now.

Good luck with Spain, I think it's a great idea.

Alex

·
Registered
217 Posts
thanks for sharing the story. Like you I'm really only bothered by the DR. I'd really just like to see normally again and feel like I'm not separated from everyone else. I don't really feel like I panic about it so I don't know why it continues.

I want to live in spain too! en mi opinion has tomado una buena decision. buena suerte y no olvides que estaremos aqui esperando noticias tuyas.

·
Registered
217 Posts
thanks for sharing the story. Like you I'm really only bothered by the DR. I'd really just like to see normally again and feel like I'm not separated from everyone else. I don't really feel like I panic about it so I don't know why it continues.

I want to live in spain too! en mi opinion has tomado una buena decision. buena suerte y no olvides que estaremos aqui esperando noticias tuyas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts