Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
have any of you guys been through this since getting dp/Dr because I've been dealing with this since 2015 and it seems to make you lose complete interest on hobbies or other pleasurable activities (watching movies, playing video games, engaging physical activity etc) it's like living as a vegetable without no soul attached and makes life truly meaningless without being able to enjoy these once great passions I had because I used to enjoy playing video games and coding cheat apps for multiplayer games and then all sudden once my depression and derealization took it's toll then all those things faded away instantly so I was wondering if anybody went through this and figured out their plans which helped regained their interests again because this is probably the most grim issue about my major depression that I can't fix and it's crippling to continue going through life feeling this way when everything is numb and hopeless, I also noticed that derealization has killed my creativity and my ideas for any projects, I dunno what's your guys thoughts on conquering this monster when the individual self has changed and it has effected your overall purpose of being human, can't live like this, thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got it. It's a horrible existence. I'm bored out of my mind and nothing that I used to do, to occupy time interests me, not even a little bit. I was the type who always had half a dozen projects going on and some subject that I was researching on the internet. It's all gone.
Mine all started with being tapered off benzos. Life quickly changed for me from that point forward.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I once got relief on Mirtazapine, but had to come off it for something totally unrelated (not side effects). So I know it can be done medically anyway, but it's a trial and error game, i have it bad, feel for you

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm looking into the possibility of my derealization symptoms being contributed to lyme co infections (bartonella) since I have super low testosterone levels at 174 (waiting TRT from endocrinologist due to secondary hypogonadism) vitamin B12 and d3 defiences as everything in my hormone system just crashed simultaneously plus the vision side has been getting worse as I have an incredible oversensitivity to lights, seeing an increase of floaters which is more prevalent at night especially (black dot flashes, star bursts, misty haze sensation), crawling skin manifestations of something moving around your scalp( had this last year and went away, now it's back) blood filled dots on parts of my body (petaticha)

the doctors I've been too have written this off as anxiety and said I need antidepressants but I know for certain this is an infection my body is fighting as it's spread to my digestive system too and has messed that up (cramps, gas, nausea, bloating, acid reflux flareups, poor absorption) I once discovered liver flukes in my stool once this summer that the stool culture returned normal however but I still think there's parasites I have combined with possible Lyme infection

there was a guy on here who had bartonella and pretty severe derealization for few years and tested positive for lyme so I'm looking into that possibility

this is the link to his story

https://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34240-after-2-years-of-severe-suffering-i-finally-found-the-cause-please-read/

another article called "twilight side of Lyme"
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/36857#000000

hope this helps others on here

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'm looking into the possibility of my derealization symptoms being contributed to lyme co infections (bartonella) since I have super low testosterone levels at 174 (waiting TRT from endocrinologist due to secondary hypogonadism) vitamin B12 and d3 defiences as everything in my hormone system just crashed simultaneously plus the vision side has been getting worse as I have an incredible oversensitivity to lights, seeing an increase of floaters which is more prevalent at night especially (black dot flashes, star bursts, misty haze sensation), crawling skin manifestations of something moving around your scalp( had this last year and went away, now it's back) blood filled dots on parts of my body (petaticha)

the doctors I've been too have written this off as anxiety and said I need antidepressants but I know for certain this is an infection my body is fighting as it's spread to my digestive system too and has messed that up (cramps, gas, nausea, bloating, acid reflux flareups, poor absorption) I once discovered liver flukes in my stool once this summer that the stool culture returned normal however but I still think there's parasites I have combined with possible Lyme infection

there was a guy on here who had bartonella and pretty severe derealization for few years and tested positive for lyme so I'm looking into that possibility

this is the link to his story

https://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34240-after-2-years-of-severe-suffering-i-finally-found-the-cause-please-read/

This is what pisses me off so tremendously about the medical community. I don't know why they have so much hubris that they can't simply say "I don't know" when presented with medical issues to which they don't have an answer. Some of your symptoms (technically SIGNS) are definitely physical. Have you ever looked at a list of "symptoms" of depression and anxiety? It includes pretty much every symptom a person could possibly have. The reason is because whenever a doctor is presented with a symptom for which they don't have a physical explanation, they chalk it up to anxiety or depression (an ER doctor told me once that my bloody diarrhea was the result of my depression...fortunately it revealed a c. diff infection, which, untreated, can be fatal). And yes, the c. diff was a result of my antibiotic treatment for Lyme & co., so if you do go that route, be very mindful of that possibility, and if you experience those symptoms, be forceful with your doctor.

I wish you good luck with figuring out your medical issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts