Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i last used this question as one of my first posts around 3 years ago so be patient with me

symptoms

listening to my own thoughts
feeling unreal
trapped in my thoughts
constantly anxious
cant focus outside of 'me' only for short periods of time
hate to be alone
hate being around people
feel scared and unhappy
surroundings seem strange

thats about it,maybe im feeling down or whatever...i dont really know but 3 years and this list doesnt seem to have changed,i just want to be able to say

screw all of this fear and worrying,if there was a pill even illegal that could take this fear away i would take it

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WHAT THE FUCK !!!!!!!!! AM I SCARED OF

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!

ok thats how i feel at this moment in time

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and by the way ive had 2 people question if i was mentally ill,but i was drunk at the time

·
Registered
369 Posts
hey jc. I have all of the above too. And I too question if I'm losing my mind. But I guess if we've made it this far, and this many people have told us we are fine, then I guess we are. But I swear, the only thing that keeps me from going nuts is this website, good friends, and God. But damn, the world sure does look surreal most of the time. It sucks. And if its been 3 years and the list hasnt changed, then I guess in some respects that is a good thing depending on which way you look at it. Anyway, good luck.

·
Registered
264 Posts
That post could have been written by me.

jc have you tried any relaxation techniques?

also, have you been constantly depersonalised for the last 3 years?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have to be totally honest with myself and say that i havnt helped myself as much as i could have...the trouble has always been the fact that when well i like to go out and socialize and this often involves drinking....
i suppose now i just live with what i have, but im sure im going to reach a point when i will think...oh well this is as good as it gets,and maybe when i do reach this point things will get better....
but like i say i spend all week eating correctly exercising and come friday i feel great but then the weekend starts and my working class ethics kick in and off to the pub i trot.....i know why i seem strange when ive had too much too drink because i become more confused and my little world gets smaller in my mind

1 - 6 of 6 Posts