Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI! I THINK I’M GOING BLIND, AND I’M SO SCARED! MY VISION HAS BEEN BLURRY AND «OFF» SINCE I HAD A PANIC ATTACK ON THURSDAY, AND I CAN’T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT! MY VISION IS ALREADY BAD, AND NOW I’M GOING BLIND… YAY, THIS IS SO FUN… NOT… I CAN’T FOCUS ON ANYTHING, IT’S LIKE MY BRAIN ISN’T PROCESSING THE THINGS I SEE! MY BIGGEST FEAR IS TO GO BLIND! I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO! CAN ANXIETY AND DEPERSONALIZATION CAUSE VISION PROBLEMS, OR AM I ACTUALLY GOING BLIND?

·
Administrator
1,412 Posts
I relate to these words "It's like my brain isn't processing the things I see". Actually before I learned of the term Depersonalization I would describe it just this way "I can see what my eyes see." and "I can't hear what my ears hear."

You are not going blind.

Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I’ve thought I’m going blind plenty of times because of my dpdr. Trust me, you’re not going blind. Your vision can go blurry if you’re overstraining your eyes and obsessing over it is making you think it’s worse than it is. I know how scary it is, one of my biggest fears is going blind too. But it’s extremely rare that someone goes blind just like that, I’d say it’s practically impossible. It’s just a part of derealisation!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts