Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The old me is what existed before I was stricken with DP and the new me is what existed after. In order to heal I need to turn completely back into the old me, but in a way that still has pieces of the new me mixed in since the new me has lots of important reference points associated with it. I almost got it to work perfectly, the only problem is that some of the reference points associated with the new me are things that just don't compute to the old me.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The things that don't compute to the old me are:
-The fact that some of the things that have happened since tbe new me showed up (or maybe longer than that, it's hard to seperate) are things that feel like they should only happen if Morpheus shows up and gives you the red pill
-the fact that some of the reference points associated with the new me involve things I've done in the past or want to do in the future that NEVER would have happened if the new me had never existed, and it feels like the old me can't have all his power back unless I'm living in the world that would have existed if he had stayed in charge
-the fact that I've noticed that the world isn't as "timeless" as I used to think it was, or something like that
-The fact that I've taken on an "ignorance is bliss" attitude about things, which the old me would NEVER have done

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I solved those things on my own.

The only problem left is this:
I have a plan for what needs to be done in order to get everything back to the way it needs to be, the only problems are that this plan will lead to a future that probably doesn't match the one that feels most convenient to imagine, and that it works in a way where it's impossible to seemlessly blend "backup plans" into it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.