Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
I have a fear of being involuntarily isolated like having no money or friends, which I'm pretty well close to. Otherwise I enjoy my time alone but I can see how being alone could be a way for rumination and anxious feelings to creep up. It's important to have a relationship with yourself where you soothe yourself rather than revving yourself up, and to stay relatively busy so that the devil, so to speak, doesn't get his hands on you.

Registered
The worst thing about DPD is that it can make you feel like having traits you don't really have. Yes I had this feeling but the worst part was that I'm a pretty strong independent man who is actually an introvert (INFJ-A). So that feeling of not wanting even scared to be alone was super-uncharacteristic.

But, this is why it is called DPD.

But I believe when you heal the root problem, these stuff go out the window.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The worst thing about DPD is that it can make you feel like having traits you don't really have. Yes I had this feeling but the worst part was that I'm a pretty strong independent man who is actually an introvert (INFJ-A). So that feeling of not wanting even scared to be alone was super-uncharacteristic.

But, this is why it is called DPD.

But I believe when you heal the root problem, these stuff go out the window.
It's the anxiety of it that makes one feel afraid.
That's just my take anyway....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts