Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
280 Posts
True, then a good way to put it would be, DP is the drug that makes us escape/deny our deeply rooted psychological fears. And we are addicted to the evasion-strategies, rather than facing the fears for what they are, in the now.

· Registered
380 Posts
True, then a good way to put it would be, DP is the drug that makes us escape/deny our deeply rooted psychological fears. And we are addicted to the evasion-strategies, rather than facing the fears for what they are, in the now.
Not just denial of our fears but denial of our feelings, our rights as human beings to have them and express them openly. When I was growing up I was always criticized every time I expressed my feelings. It was always how dare you be so ungrateful, or petty or clueless so I learned to repress them to avoid wrath.

· Registered
60 Posts
On the conscious level, I sometimes understand that the dp and the horrid symptoms are protecting me from something deeper. but the symptoms become our main focus basically, it might even be more intense that the original wound, just a thought

· Registered
19 Posts
How to like this world? The people they're not scared about derealization like they're smoking to get this disconnection.. They don't feel this way so deeply. I try to do something to like it again and remeber myself before dpd and fight with my excitement and go trought the fear :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.