Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...

say you have worried about your voice/talking today...

you have worried that it is not your own or uncontrolable...it scares you as everytime you go to say something...it is somehow foreign...

well at the end of the day...ask yourself...

did you once lose control?

was it that unbareable? if you think so...you still made it through the day anyways...

when using your voice...did it hinder you in anyway?

has the worrying/obsessing helped in any way?

today i thought this and then thought...well actually...it was not that bad...

at the time it was all unpleasant but do i really have to worry about it? i worry and obsess over it everyday and where does it get me?

so tonight i am going to write down all the things that scare me and that i cannot stop analysing...voice, sight, movement, pressure, hearing, etc....

each day...i obsess about something...

and at the end of each day i am going to ask myself....was it really worth worrying and obsessing about it that much?

every symptom that has actually NOT become uncontrolable and NOT hindered me to the point of comepletely unbareable...i will cross out...

so the next day i will move onto something else with the knowledge that i do not actually have to worry about the previous days symptom anymore...as i lived through it and acknowledged that...

just an idea that might help some people... :)

it will be a lengthly process....and might have to use two days to check it again....

but day by day i hope to be able to eliminate each of the symptoms to the point where i do not feel like i need to worry...

after all...there was a day i did not worry about these things but i feel as though i need to prove it to myself...

sorry...the explanation was longer than i expected it to be...but thank you for reading :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok...

say you have worried about your voice/talking today...

you have worried that it is not your own or uncontrolable...it scares you as everytime you go to say something...it is somehow foreign...

well at the end of the day...ask yourself...

did you once lose control?

was it that unbareable? if you think so...you still made it through the day anyways...

when using your voice...did it hinder you in anyway?

has the worrying/obsessing helped in any way?

today i thought this and then thought...well actually...it was not that bad...

at the time it was all unpleasant but do i really have to worry about it? i worry and obsess over it everyday and where does it get me?

so tonight i am going to write down all the things that scare me and that i cannot stop analysing...voice, sight, movement, pressure, hearing, etc....

each day...i obsess about something...

and at the end of each day i am going to ask myself....was it really worth worrying and obsessing about it that much?

every symptom that has actually NOT become uncontrolable and NOT hindered me to the point of comepletely unbareable...i will cross out...

so the next day i will move onto something else with the knowledge that i do not actually have to worry about the previous days symptom anymore...as i lived through it and acknowledged that...

just an idea that might help some people... :)

it will be a lengthly process....and might have to use two days to check it again....

but day by day i hope to be able to eliminate each of the symptoms to the point where i do not feel like i need to worry...

after all...there was a day i did not worry about these things but i feel as though i need to prove it to myself...

sorry...the explanation was longer than i expected it to be...but thank you for reading :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts