Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I do not understand , the writter of this article wants DPD to be recognized as a true disorder ? But why ? Maybe it is simply not !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not understand , the writter of this article wants DPD to be recognized as a true disorder ? But why ? Maybe it is simply not !
If you've read the article you would see his arguments. You didn't comment on them and didn't present your own arguments, you just contradicted and that's it
What is the point? How can you discuss something like that. :)

However, I find it interesting how naïvely you seem to trust professionals and "decades of research", but that is another topic..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey I did not want to offend you xD !

I simply think there is a gap between French psychiatrists and American ones .

I assure you that in France , psychiatrists , mine nevertheless , never put you on meds for nothing and that 2 excellent ones told me that DP/DR was totally curable :) .

By " Maybe it is not a true disorder " I wanted to say that according to professionals that have studied the mental , the brain working and dissociative responses etc etc , it can be totally curable , so that you do not have to worry :) .

Yes , by reading again my posts I sound a little angry lol , but it was not supposed to be :) .

With respect .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi John, good point. I always thought myself that everyone has its own mix of symptoms from different conditions.

I for instance had symptoms of psychosis, dp/dr and mania. So it didn't make sense to treat me for dp/dr standalone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I find it curious that the author claims there is "an explosion in new research" on dp and dr. Where? I can't find anything new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts