Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've deside that I'm going to start a recovery community when I get rid of this hell we all live in. I've got a plot of land in the mountains of Oregon that I inherited from my grandfather. 50 square miles to be persist, it beyond beautiful up there and I think with the money I saved and the connections I have and the construction community here I could do it. Nothing to big. 5 or 6 houses and a hall where we can have group sessions to start. It's an idea I've been pushing around for a few years now, because I know most of us are disabled because of this condition we could perhaps get a grant for insurance through Federal funding ultimately allowing us to keep the facility running. I think by providing a safe warm place and such a beautiful surrounding what the support of psychiatrist and supplement experts such as Tommy Gun we could truly conquer this horrible disease. Perhaps a GoFundMe could help in the field of transportation to and from the facility for the clients, I truly believe a place where one another can be in touch with other sufferers would be potentially healing in itself . And ideas?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Great idea Tyree225! I have thought of doing this over many years too, as DP sufferers need nature, trees and an environment which all help. Being away from the hussle and bussle of city, traffic, noise and high a demanding busy society do not help neither! I wanted to do this in South Africa, which has many beautiful nature spots, but unfortunately our politics has brought a rogue of violence, which is not conducive to recovery unfortunately, where one's security is at stake and have to be on guard. I have subsequently moved to the UK and looked at areas in Northern Scotland for this very concept.

I have many ideas processed around this, but one is that there has to be group activity, be it music therapy, crafts, bushcrafts, cooking...whatever but get away from mobile phones and computers for a while, as it only feeds fear and a different daily routine, as long as one is challenged in a lighter form, can turn the tables on DP. The environment would be a bonus.

Inbox me if you would like to take it further in discussion.

All the best and follow your gut feeling!

Cheers,

Cyberafrica

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sign me up too, I am willing to pay rent or whatever just to be around people who are in the same boat.

Great idea,

RESPECT

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully if it works out we would be able to start a go fund me to pay for transport for those who are financially crippled

1 - 8 of 8 Posts