Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does going out reliefs your episodes and symptoms or does it make them worse? More specifically, do you feel weird, insecure and scared about being out alone? Comfort zone is not helping either way...

·
Registered
146 Posts
I guess it depends on the person, but I’ve always felt that my derealisation gets a little bit worse when I go outside. And that has DEFINITELY made me scared to go outside, because I question if I can actually do things on my own when I feel so weird. But I’ve been able to get over that by forcing myself to go outside and trying to not think about it. Especially not looking at the environment too much in the beginning just to get over that fear of going outside, and then accepting that everything around looks a bit unreal but ensure yourself that it is real. It’s not easy and I’m not sure how the fear and anxiety disappeared, it just does eventually.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does going out reliefs your episodes and symptoms or does it make them worse? More specifically, do you feel weird, insecure and scared about being out alone? Comfort zone is not helping either way...
Being outside will actually help you the most. In the beginning I was terrified when I was outside, I had the feeling that I was gonna faint or I am gonna die, but nothing bad will happen to you. It s impossible. I forced myself to go out every single day and it was the best decision that I ever made, because now I have recovered. It s hard in the beginning, because you feel unsafe and hyper focused, but little by little you will get used to it and it s gonna be better and better. Isolating yourself won t get you anywhere. The key to recovery is going out ! As much as you can! Takr it little by little. One day you stay out for 5 minutes, the next for 10 and so on until those feelings will slowly fade away. Hang out with your friends, with people you love and make you feel safe. Wish you luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts