Depersonalization Support Forum banner

a panick attack... happen to someone else?

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Karine_ 
G
#1 ·
Hi,

Life can be cruel sometimes...... I just got from chatting here, then I went to th grocery with my son, and I felt so disconnected.... memory problems, feeling drugged, not there..... and I began to panick, shaking, trembling.... I just thought I had to take something to calm myself. And each time I think of working, I get dp/dr worse. Anyway, I got very into irreality, and when it's at its worse, I feel that I will never heal. I just can't think straight.

Also, I will begin a new med AGAIN (ssri) friday, so I feel more anxious.

Just wonder if its a good sign to have panick attacks? I feel so disconnected at those moments that I can barely remember what I've done. Maybe i just have massive anxiety and not dp/dr?

Does someone have those terror-panick attacks again?

Cynthia xxx

G
#2 ·
I had one christmas night. I spent entire days in panic attacks in the past, but i've learned to manipulate my brain out of it. The panic attack is your own doing, and therefore can be eliminated with time. I still get panic attacks every 2 to 4 weeks or so, but they are usually during some withdrawel, hangover or physical ailment.

#3 ·
I had one a few weeks ago before my last final exam. It was so bad that I started to get vision changes and I really began to think I was dying. I remember the only thing I thought of was wow, I'm going to die in an auditorium during a final examination in front of 80 strangers.

It was so bad that I almost called the paramedics because I was really convinced something more was happening.

The reality is, these panic attacks seem like you are dying, but you simply aren't. What has helped me is to remember, during the attack, that I am worried about some future event. It's always about the future events. Then I look at my hand, and it helps bring me back to the present. It sounds funny, and you may look odd, but it works. Live in the moment, and stay out of the future. You have no control over most of it anyway, so why spend time ruminating over it?

G
#4 ·
I think some people take it harder than others and have trouble accepting there symptoms. Leads to anxiety which causes stress and at that point it causes panic and more panic until ur mind cant take it anymore and goes into back up takes over ur character and reconnects. :shock:

G
#6 ·
I usualkly get them when my mind suddenly shifts out of my carefully maintained denial of my 'big picture' surrounding dpdr. Sometimes it just hits me...this instant feeling of total helplessness and loss of purpose.

G
#7 ·
Ummmm, Cynthia? I was the one you were chatting with just before your panic attack. On the assumption you weren't just overwhelmed with my good looks......maybe it was something I said - or typed I guess.
Not sure what that would be though, as I think I was being unusually good for a change. If I remember right, you were typing a mile a minute about symptoms, meds, etc., and all I was doing was going "mmm" every few minutes.
Maybe next time we should just type about the weather or something.
8)

#8 ·
cynthia.....i suffer from panic attacks...they are brought on by unconcious thoughts....the best thing to do is take a paper bag out with you and when you feel an attack coming on breath into it...it will bring you levels back to normal quicker.....hope the new meds help.....and dont forget anxiety creates a whole range of symptoms from the dp/dr to panic attacks and agroaphobia.....your doing really well cynthia you have come a long way...keep with it

G
#9 ·
Thanks.

Sc it's not you! It's just that I went out, and it always do that when I go out after a while in my house. Sounds like agoraphobia. I feel very bad and anticipate that I will feel unreality again at outside, sometimes it's ok, other times, like yesterday, it's horrible. and I wake up with this ohrrible memory and wonder when will be the next unreality panick!

Cynthia xxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.