Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guyss I’m here to help and ask something. For almost 1 year ago I had dpdr because of weed, I felt that I wasn’t alive, that the world was unreal and this kind of things and of course the lack of emotions. I tried a lot of medications Lexapro, that I hated it, Risperdal, that I think It helped with the vision, venlafaxine, helped my mood, desvenlafaxine, helped my mood too, and lamotrigine that I don’t know if really helped on my dpdr, but I really don’t know when exactly this terrible feels stopped BUT I don’t have emotions or feelings, but just It, and I need help about that, if someone could tell me something that help I would be grateful. And I started this week to take Wellbutrin for the emotions, someone knows if it’s good?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I did the weed thing and had severe temporal lobe seizures. My EEGs went abnormal and they show pathology in my temporal lobe.

I wish I had lost all of my emotions. But, I only lost the positive ones. I got no help. No one knew what happened to me.

I didn't know what happened to me. I couldn't leave the house, but I had to finish high school. Baby steps. I went back and forth until

I could walk up the street. I lived with terror, until I got comfortable with terror. I was having focal seizures in the classroom. Nobody noticed.

I lived by my intellect for several years, until a semblance of my emotions slowly returned. I figure I got 75% back over the course of time.

My epileptic syndrome was partnered with recurrent major depression. After I exhausted that illness (4.5 episodes over 40 years), I

underwent ECT and that seemed to restore my firmware to factory defaults. Emotions can come back. The brain has plasticity, especially if

you insult it when you are young. Be patient and if you have to opportunity to get an EEG, I suggest you take it. It can give you

important information one way or the other.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And did you try another medication before? I’ve already tried antipsychotic (risperione) but I don’t know if it’s the same. And could you tell me more how it’s help? Like how was your emotions and how it’s now? If you have an email or another thing that is better to talk

·
Registered
449 Posts
And did you try another medication before? I've already tried antipsychotic (risperione) but I don't know if it's the same. And could you tell me more how it's help? Like how was your emotions and how it's now? If you have an email or another thing that is better to talk
I have tried many meds before

risperidone is not the same as zyprexa . they are both antipsychotics

how my emotions were ? I didnt have much emotions anymore . I had trouble feeling love , compassion etc

I have to add though that I used other meds which helped a little before I took zyprexa . but I believe if I took zyprexa from the start it would have helped a lot

it also helps me with my pure o ocd etc

I am very happy with zyrexa . it doesnt even lead to weight gain on me even though it is known to cause weight gain on a lot of people

you can send me a private message if you want

·
Registered
449 Posts
There's no med discovered for DP so don't let any hack professional mislead you in that respect. However, if you have an underlying issue like schizophrenia, bipolar, depression, anxiety, or PTSD, treating those disorders with medication, therapy, and lifestyle changes may help. Some people believe SSRIs, lamotrigine, and naltrexone help, but the studies were too small and/or not controlled enough to definitively prove the medications were the cause of improvement beyond placebo.
are you refering to me with the "hack professional" ? whatever this means lol

if yes :

I am only sharing my experiences . I am not telling him to take meds . I actually am not a fan of meds . but he asked about meds and I answered

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The my dpdr started before panic attack before eat marijuana brownie, I really believe in medications, principally when It’s caused by some drugs, like I don’t have another problem, like depression, anxiety or more panic attacks. And I know people that recovered with meds

·
Registered
449 Posts
Same here. What drug was it?
several actually . I stopped several meds too fast . first one was celexa , and then lexapro , and prozac

each withdrawal highly damaged me . it also didnt help that I took seroquel for a year during the time where I took lexapro . because I didnt really need seroquel but thought I do . and it didnt work well ...unlike zyprexa

I feel as if the zyprexa is correcting the mental damage certain meds and their withdrawal did to me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts