Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walk along the street, I am in Bankside in London, on the South Bank of the river Thames. I do not feel connected to the street, it is there that's all, I see things in front of me, road signs, rubbish bins, cars going by, buildings, but it is all just there, I can't grasp it. People walk by, they appear to be alive, walking along, gesturing, thinking, words coming out of their mouths. I feel different. I feel dead and disconnected from these people, I am just an observer, who cannot think, or feel, or do. A kind of empty, presence. I walk into an office supplies shop to settle my bill. There is a dog in the shop which barks deeply and loudly at me, I vaguely walk towards it, trying to calm it down, but I am not really bothered by the dog, I am not connected to the dog, I am not connected to what I am doing, I do not feel that I am there, although I can see it all around me. My mind is elsewhere, don't know where though. The woman in the shop talks to me animatedly about her dog, I try and respond and behave in appropriate ways, taking a feigned interest in the dog, none of it feels real. I settle my invoice, I leave, I walk past people outside a cafe, talking and eating, in the real world. I can't get back into that, I am on the outside again and I can't connect.....I have had years of this, and I feel negative and depressed about going on, with this strange fractured, detached, blank, feeling in my head that hurts all the time and freezes me up mentally, emotionally, physically, that has rendered me catatonic for months and months every year. Sorry to whinge. Sarah x

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I walk along the street, I am in Bankside in London, on the South Bank of the river Thames. I do not feel connected to the street, it is there that's all, I see things in front of me, road signs, rubbish bins, cars going by, buildings, but it is all just there, I can't grasp it. People walk by, they appear to be alive, walking along, gesturing, thinking, words coming out of their mouths. I feel different. I feel dead and disconnected from these people, I am just an observer, who cannot think, or feel, or do. A kind of empty, presence. I walk into an office supplies shop to settle my bill. There is a dog in the shop which barks deeply and loudly at me, I vaguely walk towards it, trying to calm it down, but I am not really bothered by the dog, I am not connected to the dog, I am not connected to what I am doing, I do not feel that I am there, although I can see it all around me. My mind is elsewhere, don't know where though. The woman in the shop talks to me animatedly about her dog, I try and respond and behave in appropriate ways, taking a feigned interest in the dog, none of it feels real. I settle my invoice, I leave, I walk past people outside a cafe, talking and eating, in the real world. I can't get back into that, I am on the outside again and I can't connect.....I have had years of this, and I feel negative and depressed about going on, with this strange fractured, detached, blank, feeling in my head that hurts all the time and freezes me up mentally, emotionally, physically, that has rendered me catatonic for months and months every year. Sorry to whinge. Sarah x

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
So very, very sorry that this is continuing to plague you to this awful state of misery, WhiteRabbit. Your post makes me sad as I think back to moments of the same dark void. Please continue to do everything you know to bring yourself back around.

I was telling someone recently that I wish when one of us went down like this, we could hold some kind of Rally party to bring them back around.

Having a Rally party for you in my head. :wink:
terri

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
So very, very sorry that this is continuing to plague you to this awful state of misery, WhiteRabbit. Your post makes me sad as I think back to moments of the same dark void. Please continue to do everything you know to bring yourself back around.

I was telling someone recently that I wish when one of us went down like this, we could hold some kind of Rally party to bring them back around.

Having a Rally party for you in my head. :wink:
terri

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
im with you sarah...take a walk to the nearest park and try and relax the best you can

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
im with you sarah...take a walk to the nearest park and try and relax the best you can

1 - 6 of 6 Posts