Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
I originally got my DPDR from smoking weed in my teens. Ripped a fat ass bong, opened me up to a world of pain. Since then I've had 2 or 3 episodes of DPDR (I'm 28 now so the original episode was 12 years ago). Each time seems to be preceeded by a prolonged period of apathy, I walk around without much interest in life and feeling pretty bad about what I'm doing and then bam I get another episode which usually comes after an anxiety attack.

For the episodic DP sufferrer like myself I think it's possible to think yourself into an episode in a roundabout kind of way. By that I mean when your thinking is habitually negative, you don't take time out to make yourself feel good, and kind of revel in the pit you are in, then it's possible to give yourself DP.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Panic attack when I was high on Marijuana at age 18...

Weed is a safe drug...Yeah right!!!!!!

No illegal drugs are safe....Simply because none of us have any idea whats in them...When you buy a bag of weed do you get a list of ingredients on the pack...I dont think so...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Some people are likely to have DP than others, possibly for genetic reasons. That would effect whether or not you can "think yourself," into having the condition. I personally believe chronic DP is a serious condition, and that some underlying problem must at least trigger it. You can't think yourself into having schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, and I think clinical depression also has more factors to it than just thoughts.
Indeed. I didn't think myself into DR, and neither can I think myself out of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts