Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I can't give much advice as I am also suffering this aswell as my Solipsism.

Fear of flying yes that's my biggest issue too got a honeymoon next year and have to get on a plane

Fear of nothing yes same here I like to think of reincarnation or afterlife but again I fear nothing.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I first felt existential depression when I was 8 or 9 years old. At that point in my life, I realized Santa Claus was fake, and so probably were the religious figures (gods) that religions offered humanity to distract them from the reality that "no one gets out of here alive". LOL

I'm not religious, and am comforted by the fact that I am being honest with myself. Life is a self serving concept. The only time you are really enjoying it, is when you are promulgating it. I'm also comforted by the fact that I am not suffering, as many humans are in life.

I am encouraged by the courage shown by many who have died before me. I am reminded that no one has ever come back from death to complain about the accommodations in the hereafter. I like Cat Stevens song "Moonshadow". I would add the following verse:

If I ever lose my life

die by gun or sharpened knife

Yes, if I ever lose my life

O way hay hay

I won't have to live no more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts