1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi
Just seen your post
I've not seen your symptoms much on here of late
Yet it's one off my most pronounced symptoms
I think the time thing is derealization not depersonalization from what I've read , anyway not sure that really matters.
I'll describe my take off this ..

I feel like this current moment is it ! I cant plan as it feels like nothing to me as if it will not come ' The Future ' very hard to describe this particular feeling .

Things I did yesterday feel long ago like I went to a fair a month ago but it feels like that was many months ago.

Time feels like something I have to move though it's not free flowing.

Like you wrote , when people says next week we will go out to dinner 'As Example ', I cant feel that it as if it want happen cause today, this EXACT MOMENT is it.

I also have cant picture myself in any of my memories amongst other feelings

·
Registered
153 Posts
I know this feeling very well, its one of the most disturbing things ive dealt with. You described it perfectly. Its like you feel it all day, every second and the next day you wake up, its like its the same day, the same thing, its still there, theres no past or future, only this moment. Ill let you know right now that this particular feeling gets easier to deal with. When it starts to go away, you start precieving time normally again. Only recently has it subsided for me because ive been challenging my thoughts and delusional thinking and disproving my negative thinking.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi! Thank you for replying! Could you please explain how you do this:
Also I am terrified of death, scared of it every minute of every day, did you feel this?
Yes, i felt it all the time, its disturbing and terrifying. It felt like it would never go away cause it was like the future did not exist that id feel better. Alot of the time id think "what if i die this very second" or "i could die just doing this" but in reality, these thoughts never accually happen, now do they? Everytime i thought it, i never died and this world is accually a little safer than you think. Death itself is still something im trying to work through but its other things that also fuel this feeling of screwed up time preception.
What ive been doing is focusing on what fuels it. These are any intrusive thoughts or delusions you think or feel. Mine have been solipsism, feeling im in a dream, dead, etc...i focus on these thoughts and find ways to disprove them in my head.
Also getting out and trying to live life, even when not present with it (which is super hard i know) helps to engage you in things that take you out of your head. Ive had to write down all my negative thoughts just to understand everything that stresses me out.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Also if your afraid of sleeping, you can try listening to guided meditation at night before falling asleep. Its on youtube. I listened to ones specific for anxiety, ocd and how to let go and i was amazed i accually felt calm before falling asleep. You gotta really focus on what they are saying but it worked for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts